All reviewsblueberry muffinscornish breakfastdaily specialssingle room was smallfamily run b ban amazing cooktea trayswarm muffinsfresh milk and waterhappy birthdaysummer breakextra specialon arrivalthe ground floordiscount ticketsyum yumother guests
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was greeted very warmly on my arrival by Izi, who directed me to the car parking space at the rest of the property & then directed me by 'phone when I got lost!(You have to go around a one-way system first!)
By the time I got back to the house, a decaff coffee & biscuits awaited me.
Upon my arrival, I was warmly welcomed by Izi & directed to the car park at the rear of the property.When I got lost (you have to follow a one-way system to get there!) Izi directed me by 'phone.
Izi brought me a map of Mevagissey & showed me where all the good places to eat were. She also suggested some places where I could take my autistic brother for an outing the next day.
My single room was small & cosy, in a "shabby chic " style. The separate bathroom was down 4 steps & was for my personal use (it had had a key to lock it when not in use, presumably to deter other would-be users!)
It had bath, toilet, washbasin & overbath shower. (The power shower was out of use)
A Cornish brand of shampoo, body wash & hand wash, also bubble bath,were provided, so no need to bring your own!
In the room, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar & biscuits were provided, along with filtered water & a flask of milk.
A one size bathrobe & hairdryer were also provided.
There was no wardrobe, but some hangers on hooks sufficed & there was a chest of drawers.
A TV/DVD player was wall-mounted & Tim made valiant attempts to find out how to get subtitles, as I am deaf & did not want to disturb my neighbours with too loud a volume!
I had a comfortable night's sleep & next morning enjoyed the Full Cornish Breakfast, with gluten-free toast! I could also have had a range of cereals, yogurts, fruits etc with much of the produce being Cornish.
A nice little touch were the blueberry muffins, made by Izi.(But beware & hold your napkin high when eating them, as I managed to pierce a blueberry & spray blueberry juice over my remaining clean t shirt!)
There was a nice family feel to the breakfast gathering, it was interesting to meet the other guests & hear all about them!
This is a dog-friendly B & B, so if you are not dog-friendly or are allergic to dogs, this is probably not the right place for you, as there were 2 dogs there during my stay.
I had a most enjoyable time here & Mevagissey is a lovely place with many great restaurants & shops.
Izi & Tim are wonderful hosts & I look forward to returning!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank a-lady-traveller57
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This B&B is run by a charming young couple who went out of their way to make our stay special. It is located centrally in the lovely village of Mevagissey and parking is provided. Our room was large and very clean and comfortable. Izzy made us a delicious breakfast of Polish scrambled eggs and our only regret is we could not stay longer. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Stayed two nights in the lovely Old Parsonage. Our room was beautifully appointed and ver comfortable with a splendid en suite. The proprieters Issie and Tim are lovely young people, very couteous and helpful and offering great local knowledge. Issie is a qualified chef so breakfast is s real hit. Issie even has daily fresh breakfast specials that may include local mushrooms or salmon. Delicious! We will direct all our ffriends to this bnb to enjoy the wonderful Mevagissey.

Room Tip: Issie and Tim are a very professional team who aim to please.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The B@B was nice, good position and very well dressed even if the bathroom it was a little small. We arrived by car and we had the opportunity to park there. The owners were very kind. The breakfast was also good even if they served it late for people that are running.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stayed for 2 nights and was impressed from the moment I walked through the door. Izzy was welcoming and made me feel like it was a second home. The room was beautifully decorated and small touches made it that extra special!
Breakfast was delicious and my dietary requirements were adhered to perfectly. Tim and Izzy are very knowledgeable about Megavissy and the surrounding area, So are hand with tips or advice if needed. I will defenitly be visiting again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family