All reviewsblueberry muffinscornish breakfastdaily specialssingle room was smallfamily run b ban amazing cooktea trayswarm muffinsfresh milk and waterhappy birthdaysummer breakextra specialon arrivalthe ground floordiscount ticketsyum yumother guests
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Came to mevagissy with no room and happily got the last room in this brilliant b&b. Beautiful rooms, great bathroom, really welcoming and fabulous breakfast. Nice and close to the centre. Everything I was hoping for.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Just spent a wonderful 4 days with Izzi and Tim,such a delightful couple who deserve all the praise given. From arriving to such a warm welcome to sadness on leaving every thing is about being looked after. The breakfasts were so special, do try Izzies specials,
To personal touches such as fresh milk and water, hot water bottle tea cosy on the teapot, wine glasses and opener!! Wonderful beds. Could go on but I don’t want everyone knowing otherwise we won’t be able to get in!! Thank you both x

Room Tip: All good just 5 to choose from
1  Thank hump2016
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I was greeted very warmly on my arrival by Izi, who directed me to the car parking space at the rest of the property & then directed me by 'phone when I got lost!(You have to go around a one-way system first!)
By the time I got back to the house, a decaff coffee & biscuits awaited me.
Upon my arrival, I was warmly welcomed by Izi & directed to the car park at the rear of the property.When I got lost (you have to follow a one-way system to get there!) Izi directed me by 'phone.
Izi brought me a map of Mevagissey & showed me where all the good places to eat were. She also suggested some places where I could take my autistic brother for an outing the next day.
My single room was small & cosy, in a "shabby chic " style. The separate bathroom was down 4 steps & was for my personal use (it had had a key to lock it when not in use, presumably to deter other would-be users!)
It had bath, toilet, washbasin & overbath shower. (The power shower was out of use)
A Cornish brand of shampoo, body wash & hand wash, also bubble bath,were provided, so no need to bring your own!
In the room, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar & biscuits were provided, along with filtered water & a flask of milk.
A one size bathrobe & hairdryer were also provided.
There was no wardrobe, but some hangers on hooks sufficed & there was a chest of drawers.
A TV/DVD player was wall-mounted & Tim made valiant attempts to find out how to get subtitles, as I am deaf & did not want to disturb my neighbours with too loud a volume!
I had a comfortable night's sleep & next morning enjoyed the Full Cornish Breakfast, with gluten-free toast! I could also have had a range of cereals, yogurts, fruits etc with much of the produce being Cornish.
A nice little touch were the blueberry muffins, made by Izi.(But beware & hold your napkin high when eating them, as I managed to pierce a blueberry & spray blueberry juice over my remaining clean t shirt!)
There was a nice family feel to the breakfast gathering, it was interesting to meet the other guests & hear all about them!
This is a dog-friendly B & B, so if you are not dog-friendly or are allergic to dogs, this is probably not the right place for you, as there were 2 dogs there during my stay.
I had a most enjoyable time here & Mevagissey is a lovely place with many great restaurants & shops.
Izi & Tim are wonderful hosts & I look forward to returning!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank a-lady-traveller57
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This B&B is run by a charming young couple who went out of their way to make our stay special. It is located centrally in the lovely village of Mevagissey and parking is provided. Our room was large and very clean and comfortable. Izzy made us a delicious breakfast of Polish scrambled eggs and our only regret is we could not stay longer. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Stayed two nights in the lovely Old Parsonage. Our room was beautifully appointed and ver comfortable with a splendid en suite. The proprieters Issie and Tim are lovely young people, very couteous and helpful and offering great local knowledge. Issie is a qualified chef so breakfast is s real hit. Issie even has daily fresh breakfast specials that may include local mushrooms or salmon. Delicious! We will direct all our ffriends to this bnb to enjoy the wonderful Mevagissey.

Room Tip: Issie and Tim are a very professional team who aim to please.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple