My wife and I stayed in the Orchard Room for a couple of nights at the beginning of October and I have to say that it is all you could possibly want in a B&B and run by a couple, John and Clare, who know what they are doing and obviously enjoy doing it. The perfect hosts - they even welcome you with a pot of tea and home made cake. Things we liked:
1) It is within easy walking distance of the centre of Mevagissey, the harbour, pubs and restaurants. Perfect for going out in the evening and enjoying the odd glass of wine! Bit of a hill coming back but nothing too taxing. It has its own parking.
2) Our room was large, light, welcoming, spotlessly clean and airy. It had patio doors leading onto a patio with views down to the sea. The only noise you'll ever hear from outside will be the birds!
3) We had a lovely comfortable king size bed that you could get lost in - brilliant.
4) The bathroom again was spotlessly clean and had a shower that two could have got into (wish I was a bit younger!) and could deluge you with water.
5) All you could eat at breakfast, fresh fruit, cereals, gorgeous home made bread and of course the traditional hot english. You won't need lunch. All at a table that has views out to sea.
6) We thought Mevagissey was a pretty cool place, delightful harbour, narrow streets, traditional pubs and some nice places to eat. It was even within walking distance of the Lost Gardens of Heligan - well worth a visit.
All in all we had a great time and hope to be back some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please note that due to our swimming pool insurance restrictions, we are unable to accommodate children under 16 years of age. Breakfast with a grandstand view of Mevagissey Harbour and the sea, sampling local Cornish and homemade products from our menu. The three warm en-suite bedrooms have powerful showers and comfy kingsize beds. Trennicks is a B&B with great sea views situated at the end of a quiet lane, set in peaceful large landscaped gardens, where our guests can relax with a dip in the outside pool. Only two hundred metres walk to the centre of the village, harbour and South West Coastal Path. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Trennicks B&B Mevagissey, Cornwall