“Brilliant Evening and amazing food!”
Review of Harbour Tavern

Harbour Tavern
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Harbour Tavern is a free house bar with stunning harbour views located in the picturesque fishing village of Mevagissey. We are very passionate about using local ingredients and are very proud of our local suppliers. Our menu is freshly cooked to order & our specials feature locally landed fresh fish. We are a child friendly bar & dogs are welcome too. We offer a wide selection of Cornish Ales, Ciders & Sharps Cornish Pilsner. We hold a fun Quiz night every Tuesday 9pm start & live music on the last Friday of every month.
Cornwall UK
“Brilliant Evening and amazing food!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

As a local to the Village, I feel that the Harbour Tavern is my first choice for excellent food, with friendly and efficient staff and a warm welcoming atmosphere. I often take a small group of adults with learning difficulties for a meal there, they feel confident to go to the bar and order food and drinks independently because the staff are very supportive and any meal variations are always catered for as much as possible. The food is always tasty, cooked to perfection, presented well with enough food to satisfy the larger appetite. If visiting Mevagissey be sure to stop by at the Harbour Tavern with beautiful harbour views and excellent food, you will not be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MevaCornwallUK

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, seemed as nothing was locally sourced”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Poor value for money, frozen chips and what seemed like supermarket supplies for everything.

Wouldn't go back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jonathan B
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ate here with friends - table of 4. 2 out of 4 happy customers. Two very disappointed. Steak in steak baguette was over cooked; portion of seabass was minute. Told the waitress who told the owner. That was as far as it went. Shame we paid upfront. We went out for icecream and then onto the excellent Sharksfin for coffee.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank E P
HarbourTavern-Owner, Owner at Harbour Tavern, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we do take all our reviews seriously and as a team always try to improve our service.

I was very dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy one of your meals. I believe you did enjoy your seabass but felt that it was a small portion. We charge a very reasonable £10.95 for our grilled seabass, which is served on a bed of mediterranean vegetables and cornish new potatoes...However I am delighted that your friends enjoyed their old smoky burger and the mixed steak and chicken fajitas that we did especially. Within 5 minutes of you receiving your meals I did (the owner) ask at your table if everything was ok. I was told by one of your party that everything was lovely. When your plates were cleared that is when it was mentioned about the steak baguette...even then the feedback from your party was that the food was tasty and the member of staff felt that you were all ok. I'm very sorry this was not the case...I do find a one star to be unfair...but thank you for the review.

I would just like to thank all our recent reviewers for their positve feedback and lovely comments...the Harbour Tavern team are thrilled when we get such great reviews.
Thank you...
“Great Food, Great Beer, Great View!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Every year we visit Cornwall and every year we make a visit to the Harbour Tavern. Food was great, and they always have Skinner's Ale on!

Harrow Weald
“Very Good Meals”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ate here three times during our stay in Mevagissey and the food was excellent every time. I was offered salad when i said I didn't like peas, not many places do this, it's usually peas or nothing. And the range of local ales is very good. Service was efficient and friendly. Will definitely eat here next time we are in Mevagissey

Visited July 2014