“Proper Pub”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Fountain is like stepping back in time. It is a proper pub with good beer and really good food. HUGE crab salad, really fresh from the sea, Gammon steak lovely Next evening Scallops and a lovely pork chop - Beautifully cooked. Friendly people, could have stayed longer and drank a lot more ! Sadly time ran out !

There are newer reviews for The Fountain Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a great family meal here. We ate upstairs in the restaurant which is small, quiet and very pretty. The menu had a good choice and 2 of our party had the Codfather! A plate full of enormous cod goujons, scampi, chips etc. I had the fish pie - you can't be in Mevagissey and not have fish. It was delicious. Our son had the steak which was a deliciously huge plateful too.
The landlord was a lovely chap, very Cornish and we gave him some good feedback as we left :)
would definitely recommend a visit if you are in Mevagissey.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Best fish and chips on my entire trip.. delightful vey old Inn tucked into the "corner" of 2 streets.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the fountain inn on 21 June for a coffee and brandy after dinner in the Portuguese restaurant. I really Loved the pub, it's very cosy, got lots of character and plenty of the fishing villages history in pictures. Would recommend one to visit it.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I would like to say that my wife and I attended the Fountain Pub on 26th June. We arrived at 9.09 pm, ordered drinks etc as stated by my wife's previous review. We were advised that the kitchen stopped serving food at 9pm, which we accepted, however we without doubt witnessed food being sent out after this time and not just one order. We were not offered food, and we're not served with any food. I'm not sure why a lady felt she was able to comment on my wife's earlier review, my wife's negative review reflected our negative experience. We felt that this pub did not welcome visitors.

3  Thank MyExperience678