Trevalsa Court Country House Hotel
US$194
Tremarne Hotel(Mevagissey)
US$154
The Llawnroc Hotel(Gorran Haven)
US$220
  • Restaurant
US$216
US$168
Travelocity
The White Hart(St Austell)
US$154
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
US$321
US$307
All reviewscoastal paththe cliffcream teaarts and craftssecret escapescourse taster menufamily suitesea viewglass of proseccobeautiful hotelprivate beachsummer housesitting roomwet roomsuperb foodwalk in showerfrench doors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on an article in the Guardian for best places to stay. I chose Mevagissey as I wanted to be on the south coast in a smaller town. The hotel is a coverted country house on a residential street. It is decorated and furnished very nicely. We stayed in a superior deluxe room with a beautiful view of the sea. The views here are wonderful. There is a lovely sitting room and dining room plus a patio where we ate breakfast every morning which was wonderful. The food here is excellent. We dined in the restaurant two nights and the food was more gourmet and smaller portions but very good. All the food seems to be locally sourced. The staff here are lovely, especially Nicola and Ian. Guests are treated very well here. The location is great--a walk down the hill into town (though steep on the way up) and also the south west coast path runs right behind the hotel (and a beach about 200 steps down which is dramatic and wonderful). Another thing I loved about the hotel is that it was quiet. It's a great hotel for singles and couples. We didn't rent a car but we explored a lot on foot walking the coastal path, as well as walking the footpath to the Lost Gardens of Heligan. St. Austell is a quick cab ride away if you need to catch a train somewhere. We did this to meet a guide in Penzance to explore western Cornwall. There's a bus station in Mevagissey as well as the ferry to Fowey. Whether you stay close to the hotel, enjoying your room or the property, or go into town or further afield, you won't be disappointed. Trevalsa is a place where you can truly relax. My only negative thing to say is that the room looked like it could use a bit of a deeper cleaning in the carpets and corners, but was generally clean and well maintained. The bathroom was large and a real treat if you're used to tiny bathrooms in most European hotels. I would highly recommend Trevalsa Court as the place to base yourself for a holiday in Cornwall or for a weekend break. I would definitely return!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SLSNJ
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in a double room with great sea views. The room was very comfortable and modern with a good selection of teas etc in the room. The meals were beautifully served in the panelled dining room overlooking the sea and the menu was changed most evenings. We had a very warm welcome and all the staff were very friendly and attentive. The hotel interior and grounds were beautifully done, there was a relaxed country house feel. It was very easy to get out onto the coastal path and beach from the garden and only 10 mins walk into Mevagissey which is a lovely place to visit. Dogs were allowed by arrangement which was ideal for us, a few other guests had the same idea, would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We ate here using our Tastecard last week. The views were stunning, the food delicious and the waitress (sorry if I've demoted you Nicola) one of the friendliest and helpful we have come across in a long time. I'd have been happy paying full price, but with £30 saved was ecstatic! Hubby and I swapped each of our dishes half way through, so our 3 courses were more like a 6 course taster menu. Saving the pennies to stay in the hotel here soon. Thank you Trevalsa Court for a memorable evening.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here 14th and 15th March 2014. I made a last minute trip to Cornwall to visit my niece who had just had a gorgeous baby boy. As a single traveller on this occasion I did wonder how I would be welcomed as most places really are geared up for couples only. ABSOLUTELY FINE is how I would describe it. Single room was a proper room not an afterthought which was nice. I did get moved to a double room with zero fuss when it was discovered that my bathroom light cord wasn't working. The staff are an absolute credit to this hotel and really went out of their way to make me welcome and make my stay comfortable. The food was glorious and they easily catered for my dairy free diet. check in and out was very easy and my bill correct and ready for me. Most rooms have beautiful sea view. The path to Mevagissey is a gorgeous walk and Mevagissey is a delight of a village. Nearby is the town of St. Austell with all the usual facilities and a big market on Sundays.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor do enjoy the BAR CHATTER each evening. Walls are a bit thin at times too.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank juliejules2
Reviewed 27 February 2014

A brilliant 3 day stay via a Secret Escapes deal. So relaxing, wonderful food, great views and location, friendly and helpful staff and an easy walk into Mevagissey village centre for the odd beer. Wonderful.

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple