“A must”

Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

A typical cornish pub experiance. I always try and make a visit whenever in the area. Great food and really good atmosphere.

Plenty on the menu to keep everyone happy. Great kids meals and plenty of local beer and cider on tap.

Get in early in high season as fills up quickly. Beer garden if nice weather thou

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

An exquisite and warm cosy pub full of charm and character. The young barman, Andrew couldn't do enough to accommodate. We had just got married and I had the surf and turf and it was one of the best steaks I have had. A local guy bought us a bottle of Canada when he heard we'd just got married. So friendly. Five stars from me.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The landlord makes sure all his customers receive have a happy time. Has excellent evening entertainment. Johnny Cash paid a visit while we were there. We had a great time. Good food, good beer, and good company.

2  Thank 350rr
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited the Ship recently whilst on holiday in Cornwall. It can be difficult to know where to eat when you are somewhere new but we felt we had struck gold here! The place has a lovely atmosphere with live music during our visit which as an added bonus. The owners were very friendly and chatted to people as they were passing and were very attentive. The food was to die for! My father is a seafood fanatic and had local caught cod loin and he said it was the best fish he had tasted in a long time. All our meals were cooked beautifully and presented well with plenty on the plate. I couldn't resist a desert and opted for the apple and rhubarb crumble with custard which was divine! I would say the food was very reasonably priced considering the quality of the food. We had paid more for other meals which I would say Were not as good. Next we are in the area this is definitely where we will we heading to eat. Thoroughly recommended,

2  Thank Waters6
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Came here last year and loved it so made a beeline to it whenever possible this year. Lovely hosts, really lovely surroundings and, once you've found a comfy table, you'll want to stay a while.

1  Thank Gary F