“Best pasty of 2013? That says pretty awful things about the competition.”
Review of The Cornish Bakery

The Cornish Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Mevagissey
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Take a measure of tradition, mix with the finest quality locally sourced ingredients, a pinch of proper Cornish passion and a tablespoon of innovation. As a result, we create our authentic, freshly-baked World Champion pasties and we serve them up across the country with our hand roasted coffee buttery French pastries and array of other tasty delights.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We picked up three "traditional" pasties. They weren't cheap, but not horrendous. However, the pasties were very "average" in terms of other pasties I've eaten in Cornwall, or made by my wife or her aunty (who is from Cornwall).

The pastry was a bit dry, as was the beef inside. Otherwise, they were fine.

2  Thank Tim T

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Good quality pasties but a bit over-priced. I guess that's the price of fame as they were voted the best pasty company in 2013.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

we tried pasties from different shops the ones from pasty presto were the tastiest. more meat flavour and slightly peppering. there are long queues at lunchtime and evening, try to get there either side of the main eating times.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A nice selection of pasties, loads of different fillings. But my word they know how to charge. Small change out of a £10 note for two pasties. I guess thats the going rate for a harbour side shop.

1  Thank robc552069
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My favourite flavour here is rhubarb and custard. I prefer the sweet ones rather than the chicken tikka and steak. I wasn't all that impressed with the amount of meat and the flavour. I do also like the Banana and chocolate pasties. I highly recommend this place though, great service.