“overpriced basic hotel”

The Headlands Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mevagissey
The Headlands Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mevagissey
Reviewed 19 July 2011

having stayed at the headland hotel we found the view to our room was fantastic,over looking the bay ,the breakfast was good, and the bar was nice.
unfortunatly we found the room was just basic pine furniture,the bathroom shelve was broken and the toilet seat was loose having to tighten it myself,we went out for a couple of hours and came back to find our room had been left unlocked when they had been in to change the loo rolls,anybody could have just walked in,which could happen anyway as the keys are left in a box at reception.
if i had left this hotel only paying £40-£45 per night i would have felt i had a good stay but having been charged £82.50 per night i felt it was hugely overpriced for the standard,

As previous reviews have stated the hotel managers partner was very miserable and just wandered around looking as if he really did not want to be there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pmds217

Reviewed 15 July 2011

We were greeted by Sally who was extremely polite and friendly. Our room had spectacular views over the coast towards Port Melon , it was very clean as was the bathroom the furniture was a little basic but adequate enough for our needs. We thought the breakfast was excellent and varied not like other reviews we read .We had a very pleasant drink in the bar with Sally (the owner ) before going out for our evening meal . Our overall opinion was very good we stayed for two nights but would have stayed longer if time had allowed .

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I had to chuckle after reading other peoples reviews on this hotel, especially the 'unhappy soul' comment regarding one of the owners. He is indeed the most miserable host I have come across and I'm sure would put anyone off going back there for a second visit, including my family. The hotel is in a good position overlooking the harbour, the family room we stayed in was spacious and clean, a problem with the shower was dealt with swiftly by the polite and smiling lady who can't possibly be in a relationship with the other chap. The only thing that sticks in our mind though is the sourpuss that we had to deal with throughout our stay, it is easy to see why there was a room available there at short notice and no where else in the village!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank rebeccajones1976
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We really liked this hotel. It has stunning views and is in a great location a short walk out of the village..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My husband booked this hotel for our anniversary last minute. I can only agree with a previous review that there was a reason this hotel was not fully booked.
For £90 a night it is extremely overpriced, the room was basic with curtains missing from one window. The toiletries were cheapest of the cheap not even a shower cap, everything in bathroom nasty plastic even the glasses. The towels were not changed for our stay nor bins emptied.
Very limited breakfast menu served in an uninspiring room with no curtains and birds mess over the window. The person serving I presume was the owner who was barely civil and looked like he would rather not be there.As there were no curtains and it was sunny I became unbearably hot and had to eat my breakfast quickly to get out.
The views from the hotel are stunning but I would have expected a much better experience for the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrissySomerset
Reviewed 1 May 2010

a very clean and friendly hotel were nothing was too much trouble.Food well presented and excellent.All staff I found to be very pleasant.
Rooms cleaned daily and to a high standard,very comfy,will be staying there again on my next visit.
if you are looking for a hotel with sea views,that is clean and staff friendly,I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I arrived at the hotel early to be greeted by a friendly member of staff and was told that I could leave my vehicle outside dispite it being longer than the average car, there was a space for larger vehicles at the end of the forecourt.

The member of staff who greeted me, showed me to my room and even offered to help me with my bags. The room was very clean and airy and i could see the sea from my window. The bathroom was also clean & tidy, and the shower more than adequate.

Breakfast was well presented and there was plenty to eat.

I found all the staff friendly and pleasant to chat too.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Walkingman-1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mevagissey
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate
3 mi away
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
#1 of 2 in Saint Ewe

Been to The Headlands Hotel? Share your experiences!