“Beautiful views - friendly staff”

The Headlands Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mevagissey
The Headlands Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Mevagissey
Herts
“Beautiful views - friendly staff”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We really liked this hotel. It has stunning views and is in a great location a short walk out of the village..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Somerset
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My husband booked this hotel for our anniversary last minute. I can only agree with a previous review that there was a reason this hotel was not fully booked.
For £90 a night it is extremely overpriced, the room was basic with curtains missing from one window. The toiletries were cheapest of the cheap not even a shower cap, everything in bathroom nasty plastic even the glasses. The towels were not changed for our stay nor bins emptied.
Very limited breakfast menu served in an uninspiring room with no curtains and birds mess over the window. The person serving I presume was the owner who was barely civil and looked like he would rather not be there.As there were no curtains and it was sunny I became unbearably hot and had to eat my breakfast quickly to get out.
The views from the hotel are stunning but I would have expected a much better experience for the money.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrissySomerset

Travellers are raving about these Mevagissey hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2010

a very clean and friendly hotel were nothing was too much trouble.Food well presented and excellent.All staff I found to be very pleasant.
Rooms cleaned daily and to a high standard,very comfy,will be staying there again on my next visit.
if you are looking for a hotel with sea views,that is clean and staff friendly,I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint Briavels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2010

I arrived at the hotel early to be greeted by a friendly member of staff and was told that I could leave my vehicle outside dispite it being longer than the average car, there was a space for larger vehicles at the end of the forecourt.

The member of staff who greeted me, showed me to my room and even offered to help me with my bags. The room was very clean and airy and i could see the sea from my window. The bathroom was also clean & tidy, and the shower more than adequate.

Breakfast was well presented and there was plenty to eat.

I found all the staff friendly and pleasant to chat too.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Walkingman-1
Devon
Reviewed 17 September 2009

On arrival we were greeted by an unhappy soul, we explained we had arrived an hour early and asked if we could park the car and head off down into the village (hoping that we would be told that it would not be a problem and perhaps be permitted to check in a little early!!). The unhappy soul we believe to be the manager - although we were never to find out as he failed to introduce himself agreed with us that we were an hour early and it would be a good idea for us to go into the village. On our return, we were duly checked in and followed him up the stairs, he explained that he would have taken our bag but he had "done his hip in" so we continued to struggle with our luggage (good job we weren't old or infirm!). The room was adequate although not aired and felt somewhat damp. The bathroom was functional but smelt so strongly of detergent we had to hold our breath when using the room. (so at least it was clean!)

The lady who served our drinks in the evening was pleasant although quite confused by the range of alcohol so asked us to point to the drinks we selected.

Breakfast was adequate in volume and quality although once again the unhappy soul was waiting on the tables and brought little sunshine to our morning. There was certainly no pleasant small talk, in fact the only recognised words he uttered were "are you done?" when he felt we had had enough.

When we went to check out, we rang the bell and a lovely friendly lady arrived behind the desk, had the rest of the staff been as pleasant, our stay would have been considerably more enjoyable.

On the whole, a most depressing experience, the hotel is certainly not good value for money and we do not intend to return.

We now know why this was the only hotel in Mevagissey with vacancies, in future we will read the reviews before booking!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed 28 July 2007

Arrived at the Headlands Hotel to be greeted by wonderful views. Went in the Hotel to be greeted by a very unhappy chappy. The rooms were clean, but were very damp and spiders everywhere. Glad I only stopped one night. Breakfast not bad but could have been better.

• Liked — Views
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Wiltshire
Reviewed 10 May 2007

Along with the previous reviewer, I did find the staff a little off-hand though in our case, not actually rude. The young girl who served us at breakfast was the best of the lot - I guess it wasn't her fault that the cornflakes were horribly stale!
The room was OK, with lovely views, but the bathroom was a bit decrepit, with a strange shower that continued to run for several minutes after you'd turned it off, but as it quickly became freezing cold, you had to nip out of the shower soaking wet, while trying to prevent the shower from flooding the entire bathroom.
The breakfasts were substantial enough but of average quality with nothing home-made about them.
I thought it was very expensive for the standard of accommodation, when you consider that for £20 more a night, you could have a four-poster room with an en-suite jacuzzi bath, a stunning view of Fowey harbour, an offer of complimentary tea & cake on arrival, and the best and most varied breakfast I have had in a long time at the Fowey Hotel, just down the road.. See my review under the hotel name!

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The shower
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mevagissey
Mevagissey Bay Hotel
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to The Headlands Hotel? Share your experiences!