“Good Sunday roast”

The Old Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Mullion B&B and Inns
“Good Sunday roast”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our family roast very much. They even did special children's portions for us. Lovely sat outside in the sun. The pub is classic olde world and worth a visit, but beware its popularity as we gave seen it get very busy in the summer. Will definitely go back.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This Inn is charming and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We stayed here one night during our walking holiday on the SWCP. The restaurant serves good food, and the outdoor patio is very pleasant during nice weather. I'll definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

It was great ! It's very friendly and nice BUT you have to waiting long for the dinner and the wifi is at the dining room very bad ! But I like it because it's nice and 10min to the see! I recommend every body , who want peaceful holidays without a warm see and don't want to go big shopping :)

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beautiful village and beautiful settings. Booked a table for 6 and was greeted by a pleasant and friendly waitress however, after being seated waited approx. 20mins to be served drinks and a further 25mins to order our main course, the main course eventually came after "45mins" which was below average "very dry steak and ale pie". My family then sat for a further 25mins with plates on the table awaiting some kind of service unfortunately, this service failed to aspire, so a member of my family asked the management if we could see the desert menu which he was then given. The manager did then arrive at our table trying to be funny about the service but came across as cocky and arrogant which, is unprofessional in this line of business. He did however ask if the food was ok in which I replied that I did not receive any garlic bread, his response was QUOTE Oh well more room for desert UNQUOTE, not the answer anyone would like to here. Desert was ordered and we waited at least 45mins. This was the final straw, I asked my family to leave the establishment and went to pay for my bill, I informed the waitress that I had been waiting over 45mins for my families desert and wanted to cancel and pay my bill. I then found out that my order had not reached the chef and had never been ordered. The manager was informed by the waitress whose attitude was "Oh well let them pay for the main course". Thoughts on the Manager, "Unprofessional, Rude, Scruffy, lack of social skills and lacks leadership and communications skills.
I would never recommend this establishment as long as this man works here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank dave e
Witham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Ate at the Old Inn for an early evening meal. The decor is great in the inn, very traditional and welcoming. The menu is presented on an A4 sheet of paper which looks quite basic, this could possibly be better although who really cares that much if the food is good! Our party had the steak and the 'proper' steak and ale pie. Food arrived quickly and was a good quality with plentiful portions. I had the pie which was great, highly recommended due to it actually being a proper pie which was brimming with great tasting filling. The prices are also very resonable here compared to other pubs in the area. Recommenced, will visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DogWeasel
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Old Inn was a great place to use as a base for exploring Cornwall. Staff were very welcoming and efficient, and the meals we had at the pub were of substance and quality. Our room was very quiet and clean. The locality was excellent, with the townsfolk we met very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The new management are doing a great job with this beautiful old pub, with good food, good beer and a very welcoming manner. The rooms are bright cheery and comfortable, if a little basic without the luxury toiletries.
The kitchen is well run and definitely vegetarian friendly, separate fryers etc. and a good menu
The landlord and his lady were supremely friendly and accommodating, and made our stay in this village a wonderful experience

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Mullion Cove Hotel
Cadgwith Cove Inn
Cadgwith Cove Inn
#1 of 2 in Cadgwith
Mullion Cove Lodge Park

Been to The Old Inn? Share your experiences!