“Good pub, good food.”
Review of The Old Inn

The Old Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Mullion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We popped into the Old Inn for a pint and stayed all night.
Good beer. Friendly service. Good food. Fairly recent change of manager and now have real veggie options, gluten free food etc. that said I had the beef and ale pie. It tasted like decent home made good.
We were in on the quiz night and the locals were all friendly and chatty.
We went back the next night with more of our party who commented that the food was better than our "luxury" hotel and it cost for 5 including drinks what our hotel was charging for 2!
I'd happily go back here.
It's a pub, it gets busy, I reckon it has a fairly high turn over of summer staff for high season so sometimes the service is a little random but not awful and always with a smile.

1  Thank django2000

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here Friday to Monday, greeted by Ian on arrival and showed us to our room (3) which was a lovely light room and very comfortable. Breakfast was amazing as was the food in the restaurant. It is an ideal base to stay for visting this beautiful area. Already planning a return visit. Many thanks Sara and Ian for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were staying locally on a 4 day break and happened across this visually appealing local inn
The bar and waiting on staff were great with fab sense of humour and we even had the pleasure of watching one of the staff rescue a tiny disorientated field mouse that had found itself in the beer garden dining area.
If we had stayed longer we would have definitely returned and we wish the new management all the best with the business for the future

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our family roast very much. They even did special children's portions for us. Lovely sat outside in the sun. The pub is classic olde world and worth a visit, but beware its popularity as we gave seen it get very busy in the summer. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This Inn is charming and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We stayed here one night during our walking holiday on the SWCP. The restaurant serves good food, and the outdoor patio is very pleasant during nice weather. I'll definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

It was great ! It's very friendly and nice BUT you have to waiting long for the dinner and the wifi is at the dining room very bad ! But I like it because it's nice and 10min to the see! I recommend every body , who want peaceful holidays without a warm see and don't want to go big shopping :)

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beautiful village and beautiful settings. Booked a table for 6 and was greeted by a pleasant and friendly waitress however, after being seated waited approx. 20mins to be served drinks and a further 25mins to order our main course, the main course eventually came after "45mins" which was below average "very dry steak and ale pie". My family then sat for a further 25mins with plates on the table awaiting some kind of service unfortunately, this service failed to aspire, so a member of my family asked the management if we could see the desert menu which he was then given. The manager did then arrive at our table trying to be funny about the service but came across as cocky and arrogant which, is unprofessional in this line of business. He did however ask if the food was ok in which I replied that I did not receive any garlic bread, his response was QUOTE Oh well more room for desert UNQUOTE, not the answer anyone would like to here. Desert was ordered and we waited at least 45mins. This was the final straw, I asked my family to leave the establishment and went to pay for my bill, I informed the waitress that I had been waiting over 45mins for my families desert and wanted to cancel and pay my bill. I then found out that my order had not reached the chef and had never been ordered. The manager was informed by the waitress whose attitude was "Oh well let them pay for the main course". Thoughts on the Manager, "Unprofessional, Rude, Scruffy, lack of social skills and lacks leadership and communications skills.
I would never recommend this establishment as long as this man works here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank dave e
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Polurrian Bay Hotel
#4 of 7 in St Keverne
Chyheira
Chyheira
#1 of 3 in Ruan Minor

Been to The Old Inn? Share your experiences!