“Simply the best for a family hotel”

Polurrian Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mullion
uk res
“Simply the best for a family hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Do not visit for a quiet time with no children running around , but if you want a luxury hotel to go with your family this is it!
The rooms are first rate, the food is great for all tastes and the views are incomparable.
A games room , indoor swimming pool and spa are for those wet Cornish days...how about some heating in the outdoor pool?
The staff are so thoughtful and said "yes" to every request

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Korean first
Thorpe Bay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here 4 times previously but won't visit again unless there are changes. We felt that seniors are no longer the customers wanted which is very disappointing for us.
Dining room service was really poor.
However the location is as stunning as ever.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Anglorog
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed at the Polurrian Bay Hotel the first couple of nights of a 10 day trip to England. We LOVED this hotel. The setting is amazing! The hotel sits on a cliff right above the ocean. They have a large common room called the "Vista Room". You can sit and relax on their comfy sofas and watch the ocean. Outside there are tables for dining and just sitting and enjoying the view.

The staff was amazing! We particularly appreciated our waiter, Steve. He was a font of information on local sites and was very entertaining as well. We would love to go back and spend a week just relaxing and being pampered at this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe ocean view room. The view was spectacular and the room wasn't that much more th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

A really excellent hotel set high above a dramatic, picturesque bay - especially recommended for bedraggled parents parents with energetic kids . Huge amounts of Enid Blyton-esque fun to be had whether it's sunny or not. Our kids loved roaming the gardens for hideouts and the extremely warm and friendly staff who organise everything from daily play centre activities (to give the oldies blessed time off), to early evening films in the little cinema, and kid-friendly meals at all hours of the day.

Only two down points: the restaurant lacks the ambience and attention to detail to truly justify the sometimes punchy prices and whilst the menu is solid and all food well prepared and tasty, it's not knock out and the range/ choice is limited.

Finally - what is it with that font! The corporate 'baby writing' identity smacks of a 90's nursery rather than a boutique total and is misleading - whilst the emphasis on the kids means this place has indestructible furniture, and vast expanses of plain wood and white walls (which does occasionally feel a little 'care home chic'), it's a lot better than the logo/ identity might have you believe!

1 Thank jagolee
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

My family and I visited the Polurrian for a couple of days away from the pressures of life with our little lad of five and our new addition of only a week! We were left in awe of what the Polurrian has to offer as a family hotel.

On arrival the reception staff were welcoming and informed, the General Manager even took time in passing to warmly welcome us.

The refurbishments of a hotel the age of the Titanic have been carried out in a sympathetic manner and all of the furnishings, fixtures and fittings are of real quality and in keeping with the building and also with a modern and cutting edge (a comparison with Ikea is not at all justified) and the new 'Vista' panoramic extension on the original bar only adds to the hotel, my only thought is the lower level should be used as an extension of the dining area and the upper level used as a comfy area?

The family facilities; the pool, cinema and the Blue Room were the perfect and a safe distraction for an overactive/overexcited little boy and the gratis 'Den' (Fun Club/Crèche) with it's caring staff gave us an opportunity to enjoy a moment of peace away from it all. Would recommend this hotel and all the staff as it is in my opinion as a hotel manager myself great!

We are Coming Back!

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Breathtaking sea views, truly superb facilities for both children and grown ups alike and great rooms. I must also mention the fantastic reception staff and general manager who were extremely helpful throughout our stay. BUT................. waiting on service and the creche manager made our stay at times uncomfortable. We went to check out the creche and were told that parents "are not allowed in" with their children (which is the polar opposite to the Ickworth and Fowey where parents are encouraged to join in). After breakfast I asked if I could take coffee into the cinema room in order to watch the olympics and was told 'no problem, but you are not allowed to take food with you" I didn't want to take food in there with me!! The children's high tea service was incredibly slow on both days. But the biggest low light was on Sunday morning when the breakfast waiter proceeded to deliver my cooked breakfast whilst I was still half way through my fruit and cereal. I had to put my cereal bowl in my lap so that the breakfast could be put in front of me. In summary it could have been an amazing stay but we will stick to Fowey Hall next time!

1 Thank Angela Y
Paula C, General Manager at Polurrian Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit. I was lovely to meet you and your family at the Hotel. I am saddened to read some of the not so positive points you encountered during your stay. I really wish you could have spoken to me in person so I could have rectified the issues you had therefore ensuring you had a wonderful stay. Please do get in touch with me here at the Hotel so we can discuss your stay in more detail. Kind regards Peter Holgate - General Manager
Trefewha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Went there to check it out as I was impressed by the pictures on the internet. Also heard they had a piano there, so thought I might tinkle the ivories and have a drink. I play at another hotel nearby. Though that hotel is stunning, it is no where near as stunning as the Polurrian. The whole place is oozing style. It does need a bar. My partner and I had a cream tea. Freshly made scones, wonderful tea and excellent service. One point, the tall young man on the front desk should acknowledge when people are leaving (head was stuck in computer). Loved the family atmosphere. Kids should be seen and HEARD! Well Done.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Paula C, Assistant General Manager at Polurrian Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Hello Lamarr
Thanks for coming in and checking us out. I hope we will see you back soon.
Kind regards
Paula
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Mullion Cove Hotel
#3 of 24 in Falmouth
The Lugger Hotel
The Lugger Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portloe

Been to Polurrian Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!