“What a spectacular location”
Review of Mullion Cove Hotel

Mullion Cove Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mullion
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“What a spectacular location”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have just spent 4 nights at the Mullion Cove Hotel, for our Ruby wedding anniversary. We can honestly say we have had the most wonderful time there. Our suite had fantastic views across the harbour. It was warm, cozy, spacious and extremely comfortable. Food was cooked and presented beautifully, with a varied and tempting daily changing menu. Staff could not have been more attentive, helpful and courteous, from the moment we arrived until we left. We could not fault a thing. (Even our Springer Spaniel was well taken care of too!) We are just so delighted to have spent our anniversary at this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: The Garden Suite. It has a large comfortable lounge with patio doors to the outside and a view to d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Mullion Cove has an absolutely spectacular location and our room was lovely. We stayed for 2 nights and were not disappointed. We had bikes which they accommodated well although I think they were placed in the manager's office,so he got a shock the next morning!

The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable although sometimes a little hot. The bath was huge and great to soak in after a hard days hiking. I though the bathroom itself could have done with more shelf space as we had to place sponge bags on the floor. I also think that for such a nice hotel it would be good to supply glass glasses rather than plastic.

We ate in the hotel restaurant which was very good value and pretty consistently high quality. The breakfast was also very good.

The memory for me will be the storm and seeing the windows bowing, but feeling lovely and cosy inside! Well done to the staff who get the right balance of professionalism and friendliness.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My partner decided to surprise me on my birthday by taking me away for the night to the Mullion Cove Hotel. Stunning location. Although our room was described as only having a "partial sea View", it was absolutely beautiful - we could see right round the coast to Penzance. The room was very clean and comfortable with everything you could wish for a nights stay, my partner was particularly impressed with the power of the shower! We were served afternoon tea in one of the lounges with a selection of sandwiches and cakes and again both service and food were excellent. The atmosphere in the bar was friendly as was the service, and the food in the restaurant in the evening was excellent. Breakfast was lesiurely and the service very good. I would recommend the Hotel for a stay to celebrate a special occasion.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Mullion Cove Hotel has been my home away from home for three years each fall. I am part of a group of artists from the USA who have enjoyed the Mullion Cove and the Cornwall Coast these past three years. Everything from the rooms, (spacious, clean) the food (delicious, abundant) the staff (always most helpful and cheerful), the ambiance (cream teas, quiet salons) to the most amazing scenery that surrounds the Hotel is wonderful. We are pulled back each year to this lovely, grand, old hotel.
Each room has it's own electric tea pot with an assortment of teas. A fruit bowl with Cornish cakes is a lovely amenity. I stayed in a spacious, superb room with a large bay window offering breathtaking views of the cliffs.
The entire staff of this hotel is most welcoming, helpful, personable, and very friendly. We experienced a flat tire (again) and the reception desk could not do enough for us working with our car rental to have another delivered. The restaurant staff is very friendly, always happy to offer a helpful opinion or suggestion. They are a pleasure.
The food is absolutely fantastic. We ate in the dining room every night of our stay (10days) and had only one or two repetitions. I can only say (for me) that one meal was a disappointment-a ratatouille crepe that was a bit heavy and soggy with very little ratatouille. We had all at first gasped when we heard there was a new chef, but were extremely pleased with Fiona, the new chef.
If we have one suggestion it would be to make use of the parking lot to the back of the hotel, eliminating the parked cars in front and alongside the hotel that mar the view from the restaurant especially. It is but a short walk from the lot into the hotel and would make the appearance much better.
The Mullion Cove Hotel offers everything a traveler could possibly want; comfort, good food, incredible scenery, and most of all, a staff that works diligently to make your stay care-free. Thanks again, Mullion!
D. Faxon

Room Tip: The first year I had a lovely premier sea view room, but the bath had only a tub that was very high...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights last week at the Mullion Cove Hotel. We stayed in a Superior Seaview room which didn’t disappoint. The room was large with triple aspect views which were superb. The room itself was cleaned to a high standard as was the well-appointed bathroom.

As far as the food was concerned, it was mainly very good. Breakfast had multiple choices including a couple of fish dishes. I had the full breakfast one day and a large kipper the next, both of which I thoroughly enjoyed. As far as dinner was concerned, this was also to a high standard apart from the first night when my potatoes were burnt. However, this was dealt with efficiently – I received replacement new potatoes and the manager deducted the cost of the meal from the bill. Apart from that, my wife and I enjoyed everything we were served.

The staff were extremely friendly and were always happy to have a chat. All in all, a lovely couple of days especially as the weather was perfect for the time of year.

I would like to think that I will stay there again and will certainly recommend it.

Williton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We've never stayed over here so can't comment on rooms, but have had a meal or drink here a few times over the past five years. Not sure when, but I'm guessing about a year ago the bar area layout was changed and revamped. Perhaps a move in the upmarket direction. The bar is now in the middle rather than the far side, so views outside can be obscured depending on where you sit. The bar menu has also been revamped - we shared a steak sandwich this time from the new menu which was fine, but we used to love the pizzas here! Still worth a visit though for views over Mullion Cove.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripaddvisor
chertsey
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was untill yesterday a huge fan of the Mullion cove Hotel and its bar food and especially its fabulous sunday dinner. My family and I have eaten there 14 times in about 15 months in four trips to cornwall, each sunday without fail having a three course sunday luch for £15 a head, it was superb.... no i really mean it ive not eaten anywhere in the world so well for so little. BUT!!!! this sunday the 13th was unlucky the starter cauliflower soup was really tasty and a good portion size. the sweet a chocolate parfait was not heavy but sublimley smooth. The main course however wnat have you guys done?????was the chef ill and the cleaner cooked instrad!!! it was runnish a tough piece of overdone beef draped over aunt bessy type uniform round brown and wrinkled potatoes, veg covered in cumin seeds,what a disaster...come on mullion respond to this review .give your reasons. I spoke to the bar staff and told them what i thought, i always try and give a fair review good or bad but yesterday id have rather eaten at the mullion chippy, Fire the new chef for gods sake get the old one back and save your reputation, Only four tables in the restaurant yesterday but the same time last year it was full.

2 Thank mark b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Polurrian Bay Hotel
The Oceanic Hotel
The Oceanic Hotel
#1 of 24 in Falmouth
Premier Inn Helston Hotel

Been to Mullion Cove Hotel? Share your experiences!