“surprise birthday treat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mullion
Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park
Paignton, United Kingdom
“surprise birthday treat”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with a mini break here for my birthday, we stayed in a bungalow and having done many caravan holidays as a child I do prefer the bungalows as they tend to be warmer and more sound proof.

The site was basic but to be honest for the money you spend to stay here it is more than adequate, if you want all inclusive then you have to pay all inclusive prices!
The facilities were your usual holiday fare, we did go in to the pub one evening and to be honest it was very quiet and yet the girl serving had to be told 3 times my two drinks order as she was more concerned about talking to her colleague than she was to serve!
However everybody else on site was polite and friendly, so if you are after a value for money accommodation then I would recommend here

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clareandsteve2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had stayed here before but I had upgraded our caravan - this time I didn't and boy I wish i had! The caravan smelt mouldy & musty. The carpet were stained and the sofa's filthy! The gas cooker had no automatic pilots and they hadn't even thought to leave a safety lighter, when we went to reception to complain we were given an ordinary box of matches!

Sorry but it was a real dissapointment

Room Tip: Remember Upgrade,upgrade.upgrade!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I would recommend the camp for familes with young children as it has everything parks,swimming pool,indoor ball pool and nightlife entertainment.my only downfall was the area it was in,it seemed to be in the middle of no where and long drives to anywhere good.

• Stayed August 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just returned after a week on this site 4adults and a 3 yr old not one of us wanted to leave!!!! Our caravan was a bit dated but seriously who stays inside when your in such a beautiful place????
In the 7 days that we stayed we never used the car we used two things called our legs and we had an even better experience because of it also getting to know the locals who will do ANYTHING to help you. As there was 4 adults in a caravan it was good to know we could use the camping shower and toilet block. The entertainment staff do try but when you have to jolly people who are adamant not to enjoy themselves its a little bit hard, I personally didnt use the swimming pool but the parents with the three yr old used near everyday an the baby loved it.
I dont know why people are complaining about the park, yes it may need a refurb but come on peeps yoir on holiday explore the beautiful area that you are staying in! !!!!

• Stayed September 2013
10 Thank vickie1987
American Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just returned from what should hav been a family holiday, the holiday park was less than packed not more than 10 cars we counted all week, we had caravan E41' was dirty the carpet is black. The nets are mouldy and torn, kettle leaks every the ceiling is ripped, the wall behin the seat as been ripped off. We payed £269 for the week in this mobile home, the seats are discusting ha dot put a Ben
Blanket on to sit down, stank of ciggerette smoke when we got there, so glad we didn't take our grandaughter who is 16 months old, complained to the maintenance man who wasn't really interested, can say will never go there again a waste of money

2 Thank Tinamiles M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited Parkdean Mullion with our 5 month old son in September 2013. This was the first holiday of this style we've had in a long time having far less disposable income with a new baby we were looking for an inexpensive family holiday.

The caravan was better than I was expecting and was generally clean and well equipped. The shower was not especially clean however so I resorted to cleaning it myself. The fridge was also a bit dirty.

It had decent hot flowing water and the heating was fine for the time of year (12C on average when we visited).

The beds were far from comfy, all being fitted with plastic covered mattresses - they were very hard as well. Further, there was no possible space for a babies cot in the bedroom so he had to co-sleep with us (and the bed is quite small so that's not really ideal).

That being said I had no other real complaints about the caravan.

The rest of the park facilities however need a major makeover.

The indoor pool (the outdoor one was closed when we visited): needs a MAJOR clean, the pool sides were all covered in visible green algae and felt slimy to touch. The water in the pool had a few insects in it indicating that it had not been thoroughly swept that morning. The changing rooms were basic to say the least and again in a very poor state of repair. Further, in the mens changing room the urinals run off straight into the middle of the changing room floor, which you have no option but to walk through in bare feet. I had no confidence walking around in bare feet at the pool and wasn't especially comfortable with letting my son explore and stick things in his mouth.

None of the children's water features were active when we visited which was a disappointment and there was a lack of the large plants etc that feature in the brochure photos.

The pool water was also pretty cold, although it was first thing in the morning and was OK once you were in.

The games arcade was as to be expected, featuring a fair few arcade machines as well as air hockey, pool and a strange bowlingo bowling lane. The club seemed to provide good entertainment although we didn't really spend any time in it.

There is a shop on the site which was fairly well stocked, it did seem to shut quite early though.

All in all the park has a lot of potential, but the owners need to seriously invest in thoroughly cleaning it regularly and replacing the worn out features around the pool/changing rooms.

The location is very convenient for Falmouth and St Ives and there are large supermarkets nearby in Helston.

I definitely would not visit again, mainly from a comfort and range of activities point of view. Although much more expensive I feel that the larger Center Parcs style places in the UK and Europe offer a much better deal and offer a far better holiday and on reflection we should have saved a bit more and gone there instead.

3 Thank ds23pallas
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is our first time at this site and I have to say it will probably be our last visit.

Why? When we arrived on Friday the first thing I noticed as soon as I opened the door was the stench of damp. It was raining heavily so we unpacked our car and made a cup of tea, we went to reception to report the smell of damp and a cleaner was sent round to spray air freshener. I found it hard to sleep that night as the smell was overwhelming, we used our own sleeping bags as it made the beds more comfortable. The damp was so bad, my sons asthma was set off.

The paint was peeling off the wall in the boys room and my son found dirty tissue under the bed. The skirting boards were an inch deep in dust. Broken ducting on the double room and stained carpets.

The pool was nice and we enjoyed using it. The lifeguards seemed friendly. However, the area was dirty, we had the same poolside table over two days, and the same rubbish was on the floor both days. The changing rooms were horrid, ladies sanitary things left on the floor, which were there from our morning swim to when we went back in the afternoon.

The club seemed fine, our boys loved the entertainment. The people who worked with the kids seemed enthusiastic and happy to be there.

A few previous comments mentioned the other guests, which I thought was a bit harsh, as out of the remit of the park. However in the pool a young mixed group were discussing quite loudly the benfits of knocking someone out! Not exactly fitting for a family site!

We used the take away on our first night and as we like our food cooked, we did not return. The staff in there seemed friendly though.

We left early and the receptionist did not ask why! Nor were we asked if the smell in our accommodation had improved. Poor customer service and no we would not return. We prefer the other parkdean site a few miles away, not for facilities, but cleanliness and friendliness!

Room Tip: Avoid chalets in wet weather
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mullion
Polurrian Bay Hotel
St. Ives Holiday Village
St. Ives Holiday Village
#20 of 21 in St Ives
Perran View Holiday Park

Been to Parkdean - Mullion Holiday Park? Share your experiences!