“Superduper”
Review of Ragstones B&B

Ragstones B&B
Ranked #1 of 16 Par B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 November 2012

What a excellent B&B Jacqui is a very friendly and welcoming landlady, when we arrived she had made us a super chocolate cake which we had with cream, the rooms were spotlessly clean as was the kitchen, nothing was a problem for Jacqui, I took a chap there with learning disabilities and epilepsy and she was magic with him. I would deffo recommend this B&B to anybody. Thanks Jacqui you was fab.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Ragstones is a delightful B&B we stayed a single night whilst visiting the Eden Project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan which were superb. Nothing was too much problem with Jacqui and she really made all of us feel exceptionally welcome. Our two young boys loved the 'tricks' that the dogs did and the boys were asking 'when will we see them again' not long afterwards. The chocolate cake was amazing, the rooms spotless, the breakfast was lovely. I understand that normally the property is for more senior people but as my parents also stayed we filled the full house which made us completely at ease since the children could not cause any annoyance to other guests. The children loved collecting the eggs and running around the garden. Jacqui thank you very much for giving us such a great stay! One word or recommendation I would say for anyone staying my Satnav ended up completely confused sending us around in circles. GoogleMaps found us to the location but in hindsight it would have been a good idea to have printed a map of the location before setting off as it really is very close to the main road just the road to it is very close to the level crossing you can easily miss it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Ragstones, Owner at Ragstones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review it was lovely to have you and your family to stay.I should point out that I do welcome older children but have no family rooms so most of my guests have tended to be couples with dogs, Even the locals do not always know Kilhallon if you phone us we can guide you in but we are also clearly marked on google.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed one night with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and their two little boys. We were made instantly welcome and given a cup of tea. Jacqui had made the most divine chocolate cake which came with a generous dollop of clotted cream. I was given a tour of her lovely peaceful garden and we chatted away as if we knew each other.
The rooms were excellent and I loved the homely touches like the needlework samplers on the wall. The breakfast was excellent and Jacqui took the grandchildren outside for an adventure which they enjoyed as well as the company of Charlie and Amber. We have some family photos to remind us of the visit. We would certainly visit again if we are that way in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Jacqui must be the friendliest B&B landlady we have ever met. She makes you feel at home from the start and we enjoyed chatting over the excellent breakfasts. She also spoilt our westie terrier too!
Very clean and comfortable room with an excellent shower and overall excellent value for money. Jacqui even provides a free wi-fi connection.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Myself, my wife and a close friend of ours stayed at Ragstones for 3 nights in late June 2012, and had an absolutely cracking time. A warm and unobtrusive welcome, a Cornwall cream tea in the garden, friendly attention from Charlie and Amber the dogs, splendid English breakfasts (with extra marks for the omelette and the attention paid to the poached eggs!), homely and quietly appointed rooms, and spot-on advice about where to go during the day. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Jonathan,Thank you for your response, I am dissapointed that you marked me down in most sections could you email me to let me know what I could have done better so that I can improve my guests experience

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Having stayed with Jacqui and George last year in May,my wife and I thought we would give them another “go”. Well just the same--Home from home--Lovely couple--Super breakfast--Excellent accommodation--Had some great laughs. Highly recommended and well worth a visit. Our Cornwall stop for the future.

Room Tip: Double bedded room has dual aspect.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Everything about Ragstones is designed to make travellers feel comfortable and cared for. The accommodations are spotlessly clean and tasteful, and the surrounding grounds are planted with beautiful trees, bushes, and flowers. The proprietor, Jacqui, is a treasure, too, serving delicious breakfasts with an extra helping of personal warmth and friendliness. Not to be missed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaraMae50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Par
4 mi away
1 mi away
No photo provided
Vine Cottage B&B
#7 of 16 in Par

Been to Ragstones B&B? Share your experiences!