“Nice, modern pub with decent food”

The Britannia Inn & Waves Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Par
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We called in as we had passed earlier in the day (we were on holiday nearby) and although the more formal restaurant was full we were offered a good table on the general dining area. We have 3 children aged 11, 8 and 8 and we all enjoyed the food. The service was good and the place had a nice atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for The Britannia Inn & Waves Restaurant

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I'll be honest, when I pulled up there was a busy wedding, music booming and kids running around on bouncy castles- I didn't think it was going to be up to much.
I was wrong.
I had the pulled pork dish- very nice, really enjoyed it. Children's meals very good and husbands steak well cooked. The only thing we weren't keen on was the crumble dessert- the crumble had been too compacted so it was like eating rock!
Service good up until desserts when they did seem to forget about us but they were obviously very busy.
However, I would return and all in the party really enjoyed it.
In laws staying upstairs and we had a look at the rooms- really smart and clean and they were very happy with them.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Was very impressed with the warm welcome even when we arrived fairly late (22:00). We did give them a call on advance.

The room was very well maintained and felt very homely. I was sleeping on the sofa pull out, which waa surprisingly comfortable. Very nice bathroom.

We were greeted with a bright, chirpy and smiling Carolyn (sorry if I mispelled or misheard your name) in the morning, who was extremely willing to help and go above and beyond.

The selection availaible at breakfast was very good. Locally sourced and very tasty with good portion sizes.

1  Thank Prasantha S
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Popped in for an early tea, both of us had the pasta bake with cheese, mushroom and broccoli . Very good portion sizes and tasty! Enjoyed the local Korev lager too.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Good quality food.
Waves restaurant is small and therefore ideal for small groups.
First class waitresses.