CLC Trenython Manor
US$125
US$106
US$107
Palm Garden House(Par)(Great Value!)
US$93
East Crinnis Holiday Park(Par)(Great Value!)
US$24
Pitchup.com
US$292
US$173
US$168
The Carlyon Bay(St Austell)
US$293
TripAdvisor
All reviewsclub la costasales pitchsteam roomst austell bayspa facilitiestime sharekids clubchanging roomsbedroom lodgepool tableeden projectchampagne receptionsales presentationbar and restaurantwoodland walksea viewentrance hall
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We visited Trenython Manor Hotel on 6/12/2013 for n eveing drink with our daughter as she lives in Cornwall. Although there were other venues on that evening it did not interfere with us and it was a most pleasant evening. We also had a bar meal and we were served by Jenny who was most welcoming and did everything required to make our evening pleasant and enjoyable.

We ended up staying for four hours instead of a usual half hour at other hotels, she also told us about the hotel and what each room was used for and the christmas trees were outstanding.
Thank you Jenny we will come back.
Beautiful hotel for all ages for staying, drinks or activities.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

After a long journey down from North West Leicestershire [296 miles] we arrived at the Hotel at just after 2.00pm.

I approached the reception desk expecting to be told that we could not check in till around 4.00pm, to our surprise we were told that our room was ready and available. The reception staff are always ready to greet you with a smile and are well trained in customer services dealing with all enquiries with professionalism.

Our room [108] was spacious, clean and well presented exactly what was expected. We did not have a great view that other rooms have on the front of the hotel but we did not pay for a view we paid for comfort and that's what we got.

We stayed for 2 nights, evening meal and breakfast included and this was a great choice as the restaurant fronted by Adam was excellent as was all the staff, very knowledgeable and polite.
Trenython Manor is rich in both architecture and history and both my wife and myself enjoyed this along with the dining experience for food, service and surroundings.

Please pass on my comments to all the staff including Anne the room cleaner - it is always much appreciated when staff put themselves out and go the extra mile for guests.

Plenty of walks in the well kept grounds including a children's play area, there is even a bird hide, don't forget your camera.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lowena7
CLCWorld, Guest Relations Manager at CLC Trenython Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. The team here works hard to make our guests feel welcome and we are very proud of the Manor and its history, and it is always so nice to receive an endorsement for our work from our visitors. I have passed on your kind remarks to the staff, and I can assure you that your comments are very much appreciated. We hope to welcome you back one day.

Resort Manager, Trenython Manor

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We are with Club La Costa and booked a stay at Trenython from 6th to 10th January. We had stayed here before back in 2007/2008 and were interested to see how it has changed. Our journey down was interesting as we travelled through some strong winds and torrential rain which made the journey along the A30 in the dark quite stressful. We arrived at Trenython around 7pm and were greeted warmly by the reception staff who pointed us in the direction of our lodge (309) and we drove the short distance to where we could park quite close to the lodge and unload. The lodge was lovely with the living areas being open plan so that Kitchen, dining area and lounge flowed into each other. The master bedroom with a Queen size bed and its own bath/shower room was off the lounge area and another bedroom off the entrance hall which had twin beds and its own bathroom too. On the sizeable outside deck we had the customary table and chairs and a hot tub. The lodge was of the standard we expect from CLC accommodation and we had a great time, plenty of R&R to recharge the batteries.
We know that the cuisine at Trenython is good as we have sampled previously and nothing led us to believe that has changed though other than one Breakfast and a Cream Tea we didn't sample any food there. The facilities on the site looked good but again as we were just there for a relax we didn't avail ourselves of the leisure facilities other than our own Hot tub which we used a couple of times, once in the rain which was quite good.
After spending a few days there I can say our only gripes would be that there are no drawers in the bedroom just a large built in wardrobe and a long table, the bedside tables were just that with no drawers either, though in the lounge area there was a large chest of drawers which I cannot imagine anyone making use of in that area during a stay... they would have been much better swapping places with the long table in the bedroom. Also the matress on the bed in the master bedroom was not good being most uncomfortable for both the wife and myself due to what felt like springs poking through, we combatted this with a couple of spare quilts on top of the matress which made things more bearable.
All in all a great stay in a lovely lodge, the staff at Trenython were always helpful and pleasant. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

After visiting CLC's other Cornwall resort, Hustyns, my expectations were very high of this resort and although I was not disappointed as such, it didn't match up to Hustyns at all, although the difference in points for the two resorts reflect this.

We had a 2 Bed Premium lodge after using two of our upgrade for the year, which was the best lodge in the resort according to the CLC books, however, this is not true, from what I could see there were 2 lodges which had bigger outside space along with a hot tub in this space. Our lodge had a smaller outside space with just tables and chairs and although in side the lodge was modern and very nice it did anger me that we would have been charged the same amount of points as the people in those two lodges.

I myself slept in the twin bedroom and found it really lovely, it was a very good size and had a lot of attention to detail, such as things like pictures hung on the walls, ornaments and a pot plant. There were bed side lights with both beds which could be turned on by their switch in bed or be turned off at the main switch which was handy, there was also bed side tables for both of the beds along with wall sockets to charge electronics right by them which I thought was very good thinking. Having a massive wardrobe, a shelving unit and a big set of drawers there was plenty of storage space within the room. I did think though that the lighting really let the room down. The two main lights were not powerful what so ever as they were only tiny spot lights so in order to light up to room properly I had to turn on both the bedside lights and the two additional lamps in the room. In addition to this, while there was a mirror to do hair/make-up in I think it would have been nice to have a full length one in order to look at your outfit and how you look. The en-suite was really lovely and having under floor heating made it just that bit nicer than a regular bathroom, there was a shelving unit so plenty of space to put make-up, deodorant e.t.c however I did find that the glass screen for the shower was not that great and there ended up been a lot of water on the floor making it very easy to slip, which could potentially be very dangerous and along with this there was no toilet roll holder which I found very strange as when it was on the wash basin it got wet. Apart from the few things that could do with amending I was very impressed and grew fond of this room and was pretty sad to leave it!

However, although this room was lovely the lodge overall was a very unusual and bad design. The main issue that we found was that the master bedroom was no where near as big and facilitating as the twin bedroom. While I loved the twin room I was sleeping in, my Mother and Step-Father didn't quite feel the same about their master bedroom. Just looking at it I would guess it was about half the size of my room and had no where near as many finishing touches. The set of drawers was not very big along with the 'wardrobe' which I would call cupboard as there was two tiny cupboards one each either side of the bed and no en-suite bathroom, there were no plugs next to the bed meaning they both had to charge their phones over night away from the bed, I thought that was a bit of a joke after seeing the thought of putting them right by the bed in the twin room and was an inconvenience as my Step-Father uses his phone more or less all the time for work. Personally if a family with smaller children went to this lodge i would strongly recommend you put them in the double room and have the twin room as pushing the two beds together was very easy.

Other than this we only had a few other issues. Design wise, again, the kitchen had limited space and could not have any more than two people cooking at one time what so ever. A problem that we encountered was that the microwave was above head height which was silly because one day I was cooking scrabbled egg in it and split it everywhere as I couldn't see over the top of the bowl. As well as this in the kitchen there were only about 3 sharp knife to chop things which weren't very sharp at all so where therefore pretty pointless. I was slightly disappointed that although there was a washing machine there was no washing powder left for us to use, which I found strange as there were plenty of dishwasher tablets. One of the cupboard doors in the kitchen you could not open fully and when swung open just hit the top of the hob, I could see that I wasn't the only one with this issue as there was marks from where this had happened before. Finally, when I came to do some ironing the water jug was completely cracked making it impossible to use.

The resort itself was lovely and it had good grounds although in places, such as the vegetable garden, it looked like the gardener had given up however I am not sure if this is due to the time of year we visited. There were many activities through the week that we enjoyed such as, laser clay shooting and archery which were well run and organised and I would strongly recommend for all the family. As we were staying over the new year period there was a chocolate fountain that was free of charge where you could have as many things as you liked on new years day which really gave it that special touch.

The staff here were overall really helpful and friendly, they were all very good at their jobs and we could tell were very well trained. We did however have a bit of a problem with one man behind the bar, he was very rude and unfriendly to us for no particular reason and while I didn't get his name I do hope that the resort manager is aware of this.

We visited the restaurant once on the Sunday night for the roast dinner that seemed such a bargain, for starter I had pulled pork which was absolutely gorgeous and really blew me away! I had roast beef for main which was okay, the beef was delightful and well cooked with a lovely yorkshire pudding although for me the veg let down the meal quite a lot. There was something which seemed like a deep fried cauliflower which has no taste at all and quite frankly I found very weird and along with this red cabbage which had a very odd flavor that took over the gravy and most of the dish ruining it for me a little. Despite this, the service was good and the staff were very friendly.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay despite the odd hiccup but the area was lovely and we would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky P
Reviewed 5 January 2014

After looking forward to a relaxing weekend away with the missus + my daughter. I was dissapointed from the moment I checked in first of all to find we had been put on the 2nd floor + that there was no lift.
This annoyed me because I'd phoned up prior to booking to inform them we had a 1 year old child +'that we was bringing our own travel cot. None of this information was giving to us on the phone nor was it written any where on the web site. Also during the initial conversation we clearly stated that we planned to take our 1year old swimming during our stay + specifically asked if the pool was suitable for babies to which we was told yes of course only to find we had to come out of the hotel in the freezing cold + walk around the side of the hotel to gain access to the pool + after getting out after 20 mins because the pool was to cold for the baby + having to get changed in a freezing cold changing room with no facilities for babies other than an old changing mat shoved behind the door as you could imagine this was also very dissapointing for us + not a good start to a weekend break away.

After a tiring day we was pleased to find out we could order a take away to our room from reception so we did sausage + chips for me +the baby + salad. +chips for the missus after not waiting long we had a phone call to collect our takeaway from the restaurant down stairs. I went to collect it to get back to the room to find soggy chips in brown boxes with no cutlery or salt,pepper or sauce! So off I went back down the 3 flights of stairs to get them myself yet again very disappointed with the meal + the service.

Spent the rest of the evening cooped up in a small room with to much furniture with a sliding door into next doors room which was also occupied by guests so we felt the need to whisper as we could hear their every move and getting into bed to realise there was no remote for the tv + the bed side lamps didn't work.
The bed was large + comfy so we had a good nights sleep only to be woken by next doors alarm, went down to breakfast after waiting 40 mins for a iron + ironing board from reception.
The dining room looked nice + there was a good selection for breakfast just ashame it was ruined by being kept Luke warm in steam pots which made it all soggy.
Overall the service was good but after asking for a high chair for our baby the waiter brought it to us with last nights food all over it + being served tea in a tea stained + chipped old tea pot this just put the icing on the cake for us so we went back to our room packed our bags + checked out a day early as it didn't make sense to spend any more money at the hotel so we went + booked in a premier Inn for a night + can safely say we was a lot more satisfied with our £35 a night room than we was with trenython manor hotel for £70 a night which was purchased cheap on a last minute booking web site we are so glad we didn't pay full price.

We certainly won't be returning to trenython manor hotel+spa and most definitely wouldn't recommend it to any body

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Loza S
CLCWorld, Guest Relations Manager at CLC Trenython Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I was sorry to see that you were disappointed by your stay. Our splendid manor house is a historic listed building which means we have to observe stringent planning laws. It was built in 1872 and constructed with a great hall entrance - consequently we do not have ground floor bedrooms or a lift, and we do state this in our website. However, the wide, sweeping staircase does generally make for easy access to rooms. Youngsters are welcome to use our leisure complex swimming pool under parental guidance, and this is housed in an adjoining building sympathetic to the architecture of the house, and the entrance is 50 metres from the main entrance to the hotel. I am sorry that the style of the hotel was not to your taste, and wish you well on your future holidays.
Resort Manager, Trenython Manor