My partner and I stayed at the Trenython Manor around Easter. At this price tag (£140 night/ double room) and star rating (4 stars) we had the right to expect a bit of luxury, which we however were denied. Our room (no 209) turned out to be a shoebox room: it was tiny, there was hardly any space between the bed and the desk (see my photos) making it difficult to move around, and if I was to use the desk, I would need to sit directly on the bed as the chair wouldn't fit. There was no hook in the bathroom to hang the shower hose and there were separate taps for hot and cold water with no mixer (oh come on!). But what disappointed us the most was the poor quality bedding. Never before have I slept on a mattress so soft it offered no support whatsoever. On a positive note, the room was fresh and clean.
As for the breakfast, it lacked any finesse. It was for the first time that we stayed at a 4-stars hotel that didn't serve any fresh bread. All one could get were toasts! Hotel's management like to underline (see their responses to other posts) how delicious food they serve using locally sourced produce. Well, I didn't see any of that served for breakfast: no Cornish cheese to taste, no locally made preserves or anything similar that would help make our meal memorable experience. In fact the only local produce I could taste were fried eggs - possibly sourced from local chickens...
A visit to the spa came as another disappointment. Everything there was dated and unwelcoming. The gents changing room resembled that of my youth - the same unmistakable soviet style as in the primary school in my native Poland!
Overall this hotel was quite unacceptable for the cost we paid and we cannot recommend it to other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in beautiful landscaped grounds overlooking St. Austell Bay, Trenython Manor has earned the reputation of being one of the premier locations on the Cornish Riviera for fine dining, luxurious accommodation and total relaxation. The elegant manor house itself has tremendous character, featuring many exquisite Italian details, particularly in the magnificent entrance hall. Tastefully renovated to the highest standards, the resort skilfully combines Italian architecture with English charm to offer an oasis of tranquillity and a truly unique holiday experience.The extensive range of on-site facilities includes a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna and indoor swimming pool, while the treatment rooms offer the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation, specialising in Elemis spa-therapy face and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your CLC Trenython Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trenython Manor Hotel And Spa
- CLC Trenython Manor Par, Cornwall