“Very good service”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very good service”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Thank you to Manager Mike and his very helpful staff. We have some fussy eaters in our group of six and they went the extra mile to see everyone got what they ordered, even if not listed on menu. Very efficient service, food quality high without the very high prices that some restaurants have started charging in the town recently. Very good value.

• Visited August 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“It's a weatherspoons”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

It's a weatherspoons what are you expecting? Yes it's cheap and quick... too quick. First of all the wait at the bar upstairs only one member of staff on that bar (understandable) but couldn't man his bar half the time as he was acting waiter as well, I ordered my food downstairs because the drink I wanted was not upstairs, I managed to order my food, drink and pay and go back upstairs to still find my partner who was the only one at the bar not even be greeted yet.

Anyway we had starters, which when the mains came the empty and finished starters were not collected so we were very cramped on our table!

I then began to think... I'm on holiday why am I in a pub that you can find anywhere around the UK when there are some great restaurants to explore like the Boatshed, watering hole, willow and Del Mar...

Overall, it's quick, cheap and lack of service this may be your thing... but some advice spend a little more and visit somewhere else.

Perranporth, United Kingdom
“its a Witherspoons what do u expect”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very busy but is what u expect in summer but the food is OK and the atmosphere was fine and friends and I had a good time but the weather was fantastic

• Visited July 2014
Wakefield
“Some negatives, some positives”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I'm currently holidaying in the area and we had been to the green parrot before, but they didn't accept dogs back then, so I'm glad they now allow these in the outdoor areas. This was a big plus for us. I went in to order drinks for part of the family and had a 10 minute wait in the queue. Thankfully the queue wasn't any bigger and they had a good amount of real ales on and the same for cider. Another good positive to the visit. I went out with the drinks and someone went in to order. When they'd done this I had to go back to get another drink. I knew the wait on food was about 30 minutes so I had plenty of time. There were only 3 people behind the bar which I thought was low on a Wednesday evening in peak season in Cornwall. By the time I got served for one drink 30 minutes later I returned to the table to see that my meal had already some and everyone else was half way through theirs. The service time for the meals was fine but extremely under staffed on the bar and not enough people to clean tables as we had to do this ourselves also. The meal which was a Cornish pasty and chips was average, as you expect from Wetherspoons and the price. Overall it wasn't anything great and it would probably be less stars for the lack of staff had it not been for cheap drinks and good ale.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Appalling Service topped off with Food Poisoning!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First and foremost this pubs disabled provision is awful. Downstairs badly planned and no way to get upstairs. Staff no help at all, leaving us to carry a heavy table from one side of the pub to construct a table suitable for the wheelchair.

I know Cornwall has a bad reputation for customer service during the summer... but this place really took the biscuit. Trying to order food is an ordeal. One very loud staff member too busy moaning about customers (while still within earshot of them) to serve anyone. Other's screaming "anyone for drinks only?" (why they should get preferential treatment?) and then standing back and serving no one at all because everyone wants food!
When we did get served, bar staff were awful. Man knew nothing about what wines the pub sold and had no idea what ciders were included in the "Cider festival" they were advertising everywhere. He was also incapable of facing us when he talked which in a loud bar means you cant hear what he says.

Food took over 45 mins to arrive. When it did, it arrived with grubby, stained cutlery. One of our party's meals did not come with the rest and took another 10 minutes to track down!
Food average to poor. Of my own meal the chicken was very tough and the onion rings burnt and mostly tiny. No one else in our party had much good to say either.
Incompetent service topped off when they dropped the cutlery and contents of the plate on me as the (drunk?) waiter cleaned the table. Only then to laugh about it!

Atmosphere in the pub awful. People unable to get served at the bar and complaining about the waiting times. Food being sent back left, right and centre. Not the things they had ordered etc. One woman's steak was raw!

Awful evening topped off when two of our party (myself being one) were quickly struck down with food poisoning. We are guessing the chicken (one of the only things both of us ate) was the culprit.

Will definitely avoid in future and certainly has put me off all Wetherspoon's pubs.

• Visited July 2014