“Great guys and lady”

Ticket to Ride Surf School
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

In perranporth for a few days and decided we needed some surf lessons after a year out of the sport. They took us back to basics and really helped us. All decent people who enjoy the lifestyle....think they are open till october also which is good for late holidays

All reviews
in 43 reviews
"beginners"
in 36 reviews

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Thanks for me and my sisters first surf lesson, so glad we chose ticket to ride the guys are awesome!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Took my 5 year old son hear for a surfing lesson. witch the guys were quite happy to do as long as he was accompanied by myself witch was no problem. They guys are so friendly and welcoming Josh our instructor was really good with my son who took a liking to him. Josh got both of us standing up on the board witch my son managed to do rather quickly we both can't wait to go back for another lesson thanks guys

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Booked the Group on matching morning lesson with afternoon rental deal. The weather started off a bit grim (UK in august! ) but the walk out and the full length wetsuit kept us all warm enough. After a good safety chat/introduction we started he lesson with our instructor going through the basics and shortly after a warm up allowing us into the water under close scrutiny. The two hour session was over in a flash but after a warming lunchbreak we were back into fresh wetsuits and given new boards for the afternoon. Can't rate the place highly enough. We had a great day ,the staff were friendly and helpful and I'd definitely say we got value for money.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I visited the surf school with my 20 year old son for a beginners half day lesson. Neither of us had ever surfed before and I was very apprehensive about the waves, the coldness of the water and whether I would enjoy it.
The experience was wonderful. The guys at the surf school were really friendly. Julian and Chris made us feel really welcome and didn't make me feel old or out of place wanting to try surfing for the first time in my 50s!
The wetsuits fit well and kept us really warm. The safety briefings and instructions on the beach were really clear and they got us into the water with minimum fuss. Chris, our instructor, gave me an alternative technique to use when he saw I was finding it difficult.
They look after your valuables in the shop whilst you surf and there is an outside shower and changing cubicles. Everything was made very easy.
We stayed at Seiners, the pub next door, which was a great location. Everyone at Ticket to Rude was friendly, professional, very keen to keep you safe and so full of enthusiasm for the surf that it was infectious. I was soon going out to try bigger waves with a huge smile on my face! I loved it and I definitely want to go back.
One half day lesson probably won't get you standing up on the board but it's also very tiring, so it's worth having two lessons and staying overnight.
I would 100% recommend it.