“Great fun and helpful guide”
Review of Mobius

Mobius
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Perranporth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornwall is the ultimate playground, and we offer a range of activities for all ages and abilities. Harness the wind with a kitesurf, kite-buggy or powerkite lesson; cruise on a stand up paddle board; go off-road on a guided bike trail; coasteer, climb, kayak, or surf - what's your chosen adventure? Established in 2004, and specialising predominantly in kite activities, we are the only school in the UK to operate from 4 sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, covering all wind directions, meaning lower cancellation rates than schools on fixed locations. We have BKSA and IKO senior instructors with over 12 years of experience, and are based at The Wateringhole in Perranporth, the UK's only bar on the beach. Lessons for all ages and abilities, including disability and special needs.
Reviewed 6 September 2011

As Cornwall doesn't have a lot of mountain biking we found it really useful to have a couple of hours guided ride to get to see what biking there is in the area. Well worth the money spent as it isn't obvious on OS maps and took the stress out of navigating. It was also interesting to be told info on the local area. Our guide was very good and assessed our biking abilities and give options for the different skill levels.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Having seen people Kite surf on a few holidays I have been on I really fancied giving it a go. My girlfriend brought me a weekend of lessons with Mobius. The instructor was ace, giving me loads of easy to understand instructions and advice on what kit I should look for as a beginner. The location for Mobius is amazing, the beach is one of the best I have ever been to in the UK and conditions were perfect for learning to Kite surf. I highly recommend Mobius to anybody wanting to learn to Kite surf. I am hooked and am already trawling internet sites looking for equipment based on my two days of lessions with Mobius.

1  Thank David S
mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Hi David

Thank you for your positive feedback! We can help you get set up with some equipment so I have emailed you separately. Whether you buy a kite from us or not, if you come back down to Cornwall we can give you advice on where to kitesurf safely, keep an eye on you when you are in the water and offer more lessons if needed!

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Timo and his team are great, really friendly. We had friends down to stay with us and we love Perranporth Beach anyway so we decided to have a go at the kites and kite buggying. The youngest of us was about 12 and the oldest 50(ish) but we all felt like kids again when doing it. Had such a laugh and loved every minute of it. On a serious note though Timo explained everything really well and quickly. Got us up and running straight away with no long drawn out boring bits. Then at the end Timo showed us how it can be done - which made us want to do it again and again. So don't miss out on the fun just go for it !!!!!!!

Hi Sean

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! When are you planning to come on the kite-buggy again - you'll have a six pack in no time!!

See you soon

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Did a two-day kite surfing class at Mobius. Timo, Mark and the gang are passionate and enthusiastic about what they do, and you can feel it in the way they run the school. They are professional, safety-conscious, flexible, well organized, and fun to hang out with. I had a great time and I'll definitely be back when I have a chance.

A word of caution for beginners: Perranporth beach (Mobius' base) is a beautiful, wide, sandy beach, but like most places on the sea the changing conditions (waves, gusty wind, tides) can sometimes make it difficult for beginners. Mobius tries to adapt to the conditions as much as possible plus they have alternative beach locations as well - just beware that a sport like kite surfing requires patience and flexibility.

1  Thank terrencebarr

Hi Terrence

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself even though we did have a weird week when you were down with the wind being all over the place and non-existent! We took it day at a time to see what wind came through - thank you and thanks to your family for being so flexible with the days! We unfortunately never got to take you to our flat water locations - maybe next time?!!

Reviewed 27 May 2011

From the moment I started to learn kitesurfing with Mobius they have been supportive and helpful to my development. I opted to do a three day course which due to weather had to be on various days but they were also very accommodating of my requirements. The beach team were helpful and managed to get me hooked on kitesurfing straight away.

After completing my course the team are always happy to help out, letting me know where they are kiting and whats happening with the wind so I can join them and get the optimal time on the water.

1  Thank SteveyT

Hi Steve
Thank you for giving us positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again soon now you are home and teaching your girlfriend on the Kitesurfing Intro lesson.