“brilliant for all abilities”
Review of Mobius

Mobius
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Perranporth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornwall is the ultimate playground, and we offer a range of activities for all ages and abilities. Harness the wind with a kitesurf, kite-buggy or powerkite lesson; cruise on a stand up paddle board; go off-road on a guided bike trail; coasteer, climb, kayak, or surf - what's your chosen adventure? Established in 2004, and specialising predominantly in kite activities, we are the only school in the UK to operate from 4 sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, covering all wind directions, meaning lower cancellation rates than schools on fixed locations. We have BKSA and IKO senior instructors with over 12 years of experience, and are based at The Wateringhole in Perranporth, the UK's only bar on the beach. Lessons for all ages and abilities, including disability and special needs.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

we went down to try out the power kiting!, our group included of some young people with physical disabilities. Mobius where so helpful and really pushed the boat out to make are day amazing!

thanks guys we will definitely be back again!!!

mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi Matt
Thank you for leaving us positive feedback.
It was great to see your group enjoying the kite flying and having fun on the beach.
We look forward to seeing you again
All the best Timo

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I was going on holiday in Perranporth in July, and really fancied trying out kitesurfing.

After asking around, Mobius often came up as recommended, and after a quick view of the website I thought I'd try them out to help me get into Kitesurfing. Well any expectations I had were met, surpassed, and blown away by the actual experience!

The venue is excellent, with a huge flat sandy beach, favourable prevailing winds, and a great South Devon seaside atmosphere. Mobius have all the kit, kites and boards, wetsuits and jackets, all ready to go, so just come in your shorts and you'll be fine.

So Mark my coach found out a bit my knowledge of kites, I've been a kite landboarder for a few years, so we went straight into the water specific elements. I was really impressed with how he attuned to my particular level right away, it helped us move really quickly into the water, and his trust in allowing me to fly the kites right away just gave me more confidence.

The work in the water (for a newbie) is physically hard, and at times I'd need a rest. One thing that really sticks in my mind is how at this time, Mark would take the kite, jump on the board, and go for 'a quick spin' - literally! a 360 Backloop Kiteloop later and I realised just how muth these guys love their work! It was inspiring to see what can be done, and know that your coach actually is pretty good!!

So I got up and riding (just about) in my second session. It was a great introduction, and I have learned the safe way to ride. Just need some practice now!

I did meet Tim the boss man too, he came down to the beach to help me out with some spares for my own landboard - a step beyond expectations once again! Thanks Tim :-)

Without the slightest reservation, the whole mobius outfit is exemplary. Please book your kite time with them, I'd love for them to still be successful when I go back next year, because I'll be booking again!

mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Hi Andrew

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your lesson and I will certainly pass on the positive feedback to your instructor Mark.

We look forward to seeing you next season for further lessons.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I recently spent a thoroughly enjoyable three days with Mobius staff in Perranporth trying to 'master' kite surfing; if not for the lack of really decent wind I am sure I would be on my way to Rio by now! The staff were very knowledgeable, genuine guys who really took the time to coach and develop our skills. I highly recommend the school and the sport, so much so that I will now be looking to develop my skills, even as the onset of colder months looms!

Hi Nick

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your course. I am so pleased to hear you are hooked on kitesurfing and we hope to see you again next time you are in Cornwall.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I came down to learn about power kiting as a starter to continuing on to kite surfing. The instructor was excellent and provided clear instructions with practical demonstrations through each stage. I felt confident as I progressed through each part moving on to bigger and bigger kites. I had an absolutely brilliant time and will be back to continue on my training. Well done Möbius!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your powerkite lesson and thank you for taking the time to review your experience. Hope to see you again next season for some kitesurfing lessons.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband Dave booked this lesson for me , my daughter (13), my sister, and her daughter (12) None of us had ever done this before ... We loved it. Cannot wait to do it again and will be looking into it for the future. We didnt make it to the actual kite surfing standard as it was harder than it looked... But a real challenge for us. The instructor, Mark was very knowledgable, professional and very helpful to all of us and he obviously loved his job as it shone through to us. Thank you - best day of the holiday :-) :-)

Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry it has taken so long to respond, but as I hope you can appreciate, we tend to have more time over the winter months to get on top of things! It was lovely to hear that your Kitesurfing Intro was the best day of your holiday. Hope to see you again next season.