“Good solid progression!”
Review of Mobius

Mobius
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Perranporth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornwall is the ultimate playground, and we offer a range of activities for all ages and abilities. Harness the wind with a kitesurf, kite-buggy or powerkite lesson; cruise on a stand up paddle board; go off-road on a guided bike trail; coasteer, climb, kayak, or surf - what's your chosen adventure? Established in 2004, and specialising predominantly in kite activities, we are the only school in the UK to operate from 4 sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, covering all wind directions, meaning lower cancellation rates than schools on fixed locations. We have BKSA and IKO senior instructors with over 12 years of experience, and are based at The Wateringhole in Perranporth, the UK's only bar on the beach. Lessons for all ages and abilities, including disability and special needs.
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This was my second year with some tuition from Möbius during a holiday. The staff are responsive, getting back to you quickly, keeping you informed of arrangements etc.
This year they got me riding upwind better and making turns in one 2hr lesson. Good advice and plenty of patience! Thanks.

mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi Andy
Thanks for leaving us positive feedback!
It was great teaching you in the lagoon at The Bluff! (near St Ives)
Look forward to seeing you again next year for some tuition for jumping?!!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My son Matthew aged 13yrs is a lower limb amputee and he came to the kite school with two school friends of the same age. Louise and Timo were brilliant with the boys so helpful and understanding of Matts disability. The kites were amazing and once the boys were in the buggies as well it was brilliant. They had so much fun they cant wait to go again. Everyone should go along and have ago at this sport. The beach was excellent with very good facilities. Thanks for a fantastic day and we will see you again very soon.

Hi Teresa
Thank you for leaving us positive feedback.
I am glad the boys enjoyed the lesson, despite the weather!!
We look forward to teaching them again

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Loved my lesson with Mobius kite school! The beach was really clean and spacious, so the perfect place for learning. All the equipment was in excellent condition and Tim, the instructor was friendly and clear with his instructions. He was also very forgiving as I was a complete beginner and kept crashing the kite. Whoops. I'm from up north but will definitely be going for more lessons next time I visit Newquay. Would recommend Mobius for anyone, from complete beginners to current kite surfers who want to advance! Thanks Tim :)

Hi Jess
Thank you for leaving us (and me!) positive feedback.
You did really well and our kites are still in one piece!!
Look forward to teaching you again if you plan another trip down.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

we went down to try out the power kiting!, our group included of some young people with physical disabilities. Mobius where so helpful and really pushed the boat out to make are day amazing!

thanks guys we will definitely be back again!!!

Hi Matt
Thank you for leaving us positive feedback.
It was great to see your group enjoying the kite flying and having fun on the beach.
We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I was going on holiday in Perranporth in July, and really fancied trying out kitesurfing.

After asking around, Mobius often came up as recommended, and after a quick view of the website I thought I'd try them out to help me get into Kitesurfing. Well any expectations I had were met, surpassed, and blown away by the actual experience!

The venue is excellent, with a huge flat sandy beach, favourable prevailing winds, and a great South Devon seaside atmosphere. Mobius have all the kit, kites and boards, wetsuits and jackets, all ready to go, so just come in your shorts and you'll be fine.

So Mark my coach found out a bit my knowledge of kites, I've been a kite landboarder for a few years, so we went straight into the water specific elements. I was really impressed with how he attuned to my particular level right away, it helped us move really quickly into the water, and his trust in allowing me to fly the kites right away just gave me more confidence.

The work in the water (for a newbie) is physically hard, and at times I'd need a rest. One thing that really sticks in my mind is how at this time, Mark would take the kite, jump on the board, and go for 'a quick spin' - literally! a 360 Backloop Kiteloop later and I realised just how muth these guys love their work! It was inspiring to see what can be done, and know that your coach actually is pretty good!!

So I got up and riding (just about) in my second session. It was a great introduction, and I have learned the safe way to ride. Just need some practice now!

I did meet Tim the boss man too, he came down to the beach to help me out with some spares for my own landboard - a step beyond expectations once again! Thanks Tim :-)

Without the slightest reservation, the whole mobius outfit is exemplary. Please book your kite time with them, I'd love for them to still be successful when I go back next year, because I'll be booking again!

mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Hi Andrew

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your lesson and I will certainly pass on the positive feedback to your instructor Mark.

We look forward to seeing you next season for further lessons.

All the best