“Great kite school”
Review of Mobius

Mobius
Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Perranporth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornwall is the ultimate playground, and we offer a range of activities for all ages and abilities. Harness the wind with a kitesurf, kite-buggy or powerkite lesson; cruise on a stand up paddle board; go off-road on a guided bike trail; coasteer, climb, kayak, or surf - what's your chosen adventure? Established in 2004, and specialising predominantly in kite activities, we are the only school in the UK to operate from 4 sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, covering all wind directions, meaning lower cancellation rates than schools on fixed locations. We have BKSA and IKO senior instructors with over 12 years of experience, and are based at The Wateringhole in Perranporth, the UK's only bar on the beach. Lessons for all ages and abilities, including disability and special needs.
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had lessons with Mobius a while back and with the help of a few holidays have managed to progress a bit, I keep in contact with them and they are always very enthusiastic and helpful. I bought a new harness and forgot to take my leash off the old one and saw the school at the beach today. No problem for Timo who went to his van and lent me a Mobius one, helped me with my kite set up and gave me a launch. Both Timo and Louise are just plain nice hard working people who do the best for their customers past and present. Their prices are also very reasonable indeed. If you want to learn to kiteboard in Cornwall, Mobius is the place to go..

mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi Ken
Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback!
Look forward to seeing you out on the water again soon!
Timo

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Having deliberated over different courses/schools to use for a surpise kite buggying session for my husband I decided on a 1-1 session with Mobius and from initial enquiry through to the lesson Timo and Louise were really helpful, professional and friendly. Timo quickly assessed that Chris knew how to fly a kite and subsequently he was able to progress at his own level mastering the basic buggying skills in one lesson....which he proudly showed off at the end! If you are thinking about giving it a go look no further - good value for money and a great first experience.

Hi Tracey
Thank you for leaving us positive feedback.
I am glad to hear that Chris enjoyed his lesson!

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This was my second year with some tuition from Möbius during a holiday. The staff are responsive, getting back to you quickly, keeping you informed of arrangements etc.
This year they got me riding upwind better and making turns in one 2hr lesson. Good advice and plenty of patience! Thanks.

Hi Andy
Thanks for leaving us positive feedback!
It was great teaching you in the lagoon at The Bluff! (near St Ives)
Look forward to seeing you again next year for some tuition for jumping?!!

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My son Matthew aged 13yrs is a lower limb amputee and he came to the kite school with two school friends of the same age. Louise and Timo were brilliant with the boys so helpful and understanding of Matts disability. The kites were amazing and once the boys were in the buggies as well it was brilliant. They had so much fun they cant wait to go again. Everyone should go along and have ago at this sport. The beach was excellent with very good facilities. Thanks for a fantastic day and we will see you again very soon.

Hi Teresa
Thank you for leaving us positive feedback.
I am glad the boys enjoyed the lesson, despite the weather!!
We look forward to teaching them again

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Loved my lesson with Mobius kite school! The beach was really clean and spacious, so the perfect place for learning. All the equipment was in excellent condition and Tim, the instructor was friendly and clear with his instructions. He was also very forgiving as I was a complete beginner and kept crashing the kite. Whoops. I'm from up north but will definitely be going for more lessons next time I visit Newquay. Would recommend Mobius for anyone, from complete beginners to current kite surfers who want to advance! Thanks Tim :)

Hi Jess
Thank you for leaving us (and me!) positive feedback.
You did really well and our kites are still in one piece!!
Look forward to teaching you again if you plan another trip down.