“50th Birthday Surprise”
Review of Mobius

Mobius
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Perranporth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornwall is the ultimate playground, and we offer a range of activities for all ages and abilities. Harness the wind with a kitesurf, kite-buggy or powerkite lesson; cruise on a stand up paddle board; go off-road on a guided bike trail; coasteer, climb, kayak, or surf - what's your chosen adventure? Established in 2004, and specialising predominantly in kite activities, we are the only school in the UK to operate from 4 sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, covering all wind directions, meaning lower cancellation rates than schools on fixed locations. We have BKSA and IKO senior instructors with over 12 years of experience, and are based at The Wateringhole in Perranporth, the UK's only bar on the beach. Lessons for all ages and abilities, including disability and special needs.
Reviewed 21 August 2013

After looking at various different courses I contacted the Mobius office and the advice and help I was given was excellent. No matter how many questions I asked they were only too happy to help. I wanted a 1:1 kite surfing lesson on the day of my partner's birthday and Mobius offered me two other alternative sports ready for the day, in case the weather was not right for kite surfing. On the day Neil was met by Kirk, a very knowledgeable young man, who got all the different equipment out so Neil could make the most of the weather. Unfortunately there was little wind so they were unable to kite surf but instead he had a great time flying a power kite and doing kite buggying for the first time. Kirk was a great teacher and he mae sure Neil had a really good time and came away shattered but exhilirated. Thanks to Mobius for making his day very special and to Kirk for being such a fun teacher.

1  Thank LORRIANDER
mobiuskiteschool, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi Lorraine
Thank you so much for the positive feedback you left, it really means a lot to us. I am glad Neil had a brilliant 50th Birthday! Kirk received a lot of great feedback over the summer and we are sorry to not have him back again this season, he's out teaching in Australia!!
All the best and hope to see you again this year, if not, then hopefully when it's Neils 60th!!
Timo and Louise

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had a one on one session with Timo for 2hrs, great session learned a lot. Timo is a very knowledgable and helpful instructor and a nice guy, I'd recommend anyone to go for lessons with mobius.

mobiuskiteschool, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi Paul
Thank you so much for your positive feedback you left! It really means a lot to us.
All the best with your kitesurfing and hope to see you again this year!
Timo and Louise

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had lessons with Mobius a while back and with the help of a few holidays have managed to progress a bit, I keep in contact with them and they are always very enthusiastic and helpful. I bought a new harness and forgot to take my leash off the old one and saw the school at the beach today. No problem for Timo who went to his van and lent me a Mobius one, helped me with my kite set up and gave me a launch. Both Timo and Louise are just plain nice hard working people who do the best for their customers past and present. Their prices are also very reasonable indeed. If you want to learn to kiteboard in Cornwall, Mobius is the place to go..

mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi Ken
Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback!
Look forward to seeing you out on the water again soon!
Timo

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Having deliberated over different courses/schools to use for a surpise kite buggying session for my husband I decided on a 1-1 session with Mobius and from initial enquiry through to the lesson Timo and Louise were really helpful, professional and friendly. Timo quickly assessed that Chris knew how to fly a kite and subsequently he was able to progress at his own level mastering the basic buggying skills in one lesson....which he proudly showed off at the end! If you are thinking about giving it a go look no further - good value for money and a great first experience.

Hi Tracey
Thank you for leaving us positive feedback.
I am glad to hear that Chris enjoyed his lesson!
All the best Timo

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This was my second year with some tuition from Möbius during a holiday. The staff are responsive, getting back to you quickly, keeping you informed of arrangements etc.
This year they got me riding upwind better and making turns in one 2hr lesson. Good advice and plenty of patience! Thanks.

Hi Andy
Thanks for leaving us positive feedback!
It was great teaching you in the lagoon at The Bluff! (near St Ives)
Look forward to seeing you again next year for some tuition for jumping?!!
All the best Timo