“A great introduction to kite surfing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mobius

Mobius
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Perranporth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cornwall is the ultimate playground, and we offer a range of activities for all ages and abilities. Harness the wind with a kitesurf, kite-buggy or powerkite lesson; cruise on a stand up paddle board; go off-road on a guided bike trail; coasteer, climb, kayak, or surf - what's your chosen adventure? Established in 2004, and specialising predominantly in kite activities, we are the only school in the UK to operate from 4 sandy beaches with crystal clear waters, covering all wind directions, meaning lower cancellation rates than schools on fixed locations. We have BKSA and IKO senior instructors with over 12 years of experience, and are based at The Wateringhole in Perranporth, the UK's only bar on the beach. Lessons for all ages and abilities, including disability and special needs.
Guildford, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A great introduction to kite surfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I signed up for the 3 day kite surfing course to add some excitement to a summer holiday. I chose Mobius as they were near where I was staying, but as I found out their willingness to use different locations depending on the weather was a big plus. The first day went as planned and was spent learning the theory and getting the hand of flying large kites on land. After that a lack of wind meant we had to wait a few dayts and change location to get the second lesson in. This was where the fun really started. The day began with learning kite control while being dragged in the water. From which we quickly moved to trying to get up on a board. By the end of the day I'g got up a number of times, but only managed to stay up and in control about once.
Sadly after that the wind died and I was unable to get my third day in (so I wasn't charged for this). However the two days I did have were great fun and are highly recommended. The groups were small, either two of three students to a teacher, and the tuition was of a high quality. So much so my wife & kids booked up the kite buggying lessons with Mobius too which were much enjoyed by all.

1 Thank Richard S
Hi Richard
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it really means a lot to us.
It was a real shame the wind did not blow the whole week you were down, but it was great to get you body dragging and trying the board!
Hopefully yourself and the family had so much fun that you will return to Cornwall again this season!!
All the best

Newquay, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Activity for Disabled Children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We are a small community interest company supporting disabled children and their families to access activities in school holidays. We approached Mobius to deliver to a group of 6 children and the booking process was quick and easy. As it turned out we had 23 children who wanted to take part and Mobius staff took this in their stride.
Feeback from all the parents and children was that it was such a fabulous experience for them, the staff took a lot of time and trouble to ensure all the children were included - those with learning disabilities and those with physical disabilities. There were sand wheelchairs available and enough kites for all children in each group to be kept fully occupied. Many of the children want to do it again and started nagging their parents to buy them a kite. Thank you Mobius - we will be back

Hi Sandy
Thank you for leaving us such positive feedback, It really means a lot to us both.
We had a great day with you all and it's great to hear that all the children wanted to do more kite flying!!
We look forward to hearing from you when you plan the next beach activity day!
ALTON UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50th Birthday Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

After looking at various different courses I contacted the Mobius office and the advice and help I was given was excellent. No matter how many questions I asked they were only too happy to help. I wanted a 1:1 kite surfing lesson on the day of my partner's birthday and Mobius offered me two other alternative sports ready for the day, in case the weather was not right for kite surfing. On the day Neil was met by Kirk, a very knowledgeable young man, who got all the different equipment out so Neil could make the most of the weather. Unfortunately there was little wind so they were unable to kite surf but instead he had a great time flying a power kite and doing kite buggying for the first time. Kirk was a great teacher and he mae sure Neil had a really good time and came away shattered but exhilirated. Thanks to Mobius for making his day very special and to Kirk for being such a fun teacher.

1 Thank LORRIANDER
Hi Lorraine
Thank you so much for the positive feedback you left, it really means a lot to us. I am glad Neil had a brilliant 50th Birthday! Kirk received a lot of great feedback over the summer and we are sorry to not have him back again this season, he's out teaching in Australia!!
All the best and hope to see you again this year, if not, then hopefully when it's Neils 60th!!
“Kite lesson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Had a one on one session with Timo for 2hrs, great session learned a lot. Timo is a very knowledgable and helpful instructor and a nice guy, I'd recommend anyone to go for lessons with mobius.

Hi Paul
Thank you so much for your positive feedback you left! It really means a lot to us.
All the best with your kitesurfing and hope to see you again this year!
Portreath
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great kite school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I had lessons with Mobius a while back and with the help of a few holidays have managed to progress a bit, I keep in contact with them and they are always very enthusiastic and helpful. I bought a new harness and forgot to take my leash off the old one and saw the school at the beach today. No problem for Timo who went to his van and lent me a Mobius one, helped me with my kite set up and gave me a launch. Both Timo and Louise are just plain nice hard working people who do the best for their customers past and present. Their prices are also very reasonable indeed. If you want to learn to kiteboard in Cornwall, Mobius is the place to go..

Visited July 2013
mobius_cornwall, Owner at Mobius, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Hi Ken
Thank you for leaving us a positive feedback!
Look forward to seeing you out on the water again soon!
Timo