Open today: 10:00 - 12:00, 14:00 - 16:00
Review Highlights
Great lesson

Great surf school great lesson good value,really good instructors! I improved from just 1 hour in... read more

Reviewed 4 August 2020
TheHorizonismyHome
Fantasique

The surf was good despite being slightly choppy. Our instructor, Lucy, was great. She was really... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2020
araanlynn

All reviews surf school great lesson lots of fun safety briefing beginners wetsuits waves
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2018

We had a super lesson with Gavin who recommended the day based on waves for beginners! It really built my confidence and gave my husband some top tips. I would come back for another lesson with the school on this super beach. Staff at the store were also extremely helpful...and given the time of year I had all the gear and didn’t even feel cold!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank MacBevan
Gavin W, Manager at Perranporth Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

Hi MacBevan,

Apologies for the delay in responding, but thank you so much for leaving such a kind review! It's always good to hear positive feedback, and we're stoked that you were made to feel comfortable and were able to make some good progress. We do hope to have you back for more lessons soon!

Many thanks,
Gavin

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We were very lucky to stay in Perranporth for nearly a month over the summer holidays and between all of us - family of 4 we had around 30 surf lessons.

The guys at the school made us all feel at ease, delivered great lessons and most of all made it fun - even for me who thought I'd never be able to stand up and now can and love it. Big thanks especially to Matt, Louis and Naomi who took most of our lessons. Also to Steph for arranging all of our lessons. We can't wait to come back again and are so excited to have a new hobby as a family thank you to you all :)

Hi Allyson,

Thank you kindly for your glowing review! Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding!

We thoroughly enjoyed having you with us for your multiples of lessons through the summer, and its great to hear that you have all 'caught the bug' as a family! We will pass your message of thanks on to Matt, Louis, Naomi and Steph, and we really look forward to having you back with us this summer, too!

Kindest regards,
Gavin & Team

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

At my tender age I decided to give it a go. Booked 2 lessons and enjoyed both and even though I will never be great at surfing but I was given confidence to keep going. I now have my own board and will pop back from time to time to brush up on my skills. Thanks all

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Dave P

Hi davephil2016,

Thank you kindly for your review!

Of course, surfing is not easy and can be frustrating at times; but, its great to hear that we were able to inspire you to keep at it. Practice (with the occasional guidance) is key to break the plateaus in your learning curve, but it's always more important to have fun with it. Keep surfing, and we will be happy to help when you feel you need it!

Best regards,
Gavin

Reviewed 2 September 2018

What an amazing group of people! We booked online and then communicated by email, just to make sure we were definitely on the beginner's course and not the pro-surfer's. All communication was quick, clear and concise.
Arrived on the first day and were kitted out with good quality gear and with surfboard in hand set off to the sea.
All the instructors were amazing, special shout out to Fin and Dylan who were not only knowledgeable but also great fun.
After five 2hour sessions we came away with the teenagers being able to surf proficiently and the adults still trying!
We enjoyed the whole experience so much we'll be back in 2019.

Date of experience: August 2018
Perranporth Sur... S, Manager at Perranporth Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on your experience surfing with us! We will pass on your comments to Fin and Dylan who will love to hear them. We hope to see you again for some more waves!

All the best,
Matt

Reviewed 26 August 2018

I took myself and my 2 teenage sons (13/15) for a surfing lesson to try and find the glory years form the 1990's myself! Both of my boys were surfing by the end of the first lesson, they had never tried long boarding before. I even managed to get my 15 stone frame up a few times! Ruben the instructor was excellent, attentive and happy to offer advice when asked. Observing the other lessons around [from the same school] these instructors are all clearly well trained and offer the safest and all round best instruction from my observations. Well done! We will be back!

Hi Richard

Thank you for your detailed and positive review, we are stoked that your boys were able to pick it up so quickly you were able to catch a few too, we will be sure to pass on your feedback to Ruben and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,