Review Highlights
Wouldn't go anywhere else

Reviewed 25 August 2023
Nicola E
Families first surf

Had a family lesson with Peg and Annie It was a great lesson. Informative and friendly. They were... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2023
888dd
Essex, United Kingdom
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews perranporth beach pegs abilities session lesson waves instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2023

We booked ahead with Peg as I wanted smaller and tailored lessons for my two boys aged 10 and 8. It was the best choice I could have made for our Cornwall holiday!

The boys warmed to Peg and Annie right away and enjoyed their lessons so much.

The boys both learnt a huge amount over the course of their lessons - surfing (of course!), water confidence and water safety.
My eldest boy finds balance tricky but with encouragement and step by step progression, Peg and Annie got him up - many times - and he was so chuffed!

I would highly recommend - they know their stuff and you are treated like family.

Date of experience: August 2023
Reviewed 23 August 2023 via mobile

Had a family lesson with Peg and Annie

It was a great lesson. Informative and friendly. They were able to adapt to our individual needs. To ensure we got what we wanted from the lesson.

Date of experience: August 2023
Reviewed 1 May 2023

We signed up for 2 beginners' sessions and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We both managed to stand up on the boards - at least for a few seconds (even with my dodgy knee)!!

Peg is a great character and a fabulous instructor. He lives and breathes surfing and makes you feel at ease and ready to take on the challenge.

All the equipment is provided, and Perranporth is a pretty perfect location to learn.

Highly recommended (we will be back!)

Date of experience: April 2023
Reviewed 25 October 2022

Me and my partner had an absolutely amazing time on Saturday. I went for an adaptive surf session and Peg Surfing made extra effort to make it possible for me to access the beach and assisted both of us in catching some Rad waves!!!

Date of experience: October 2022
Reviewed 8 September 2022 via mobile

Absolutely first class.
We booked a group lesson and even though it was only myself and 2 kids, 7 and 9, were not bumped onto another session or charged extra. We all managed to stand up (kids more successfully than me!). Eldest daughter was catching the majority of waves she tried for at the end and riding them all the way in. Both kids agreed it was the best lesson we have had (had a couple of hrs with another school last year) and warmed to peg straight away. His expertise was clear from the outset and his clear guidance had us progressing quickly.
We booked another lesson for a few days later however unfortunately the waves died and it was cancelled (unlike some other schools who continued to take money in the flat surf). We were updated throughout the wk with Peg and Annie trying their hardest to accommodate us when the surf picked up however regrettably we had to come home, so received a full refund.
We can’t wait to come back next summer and will definitely be booking with Pegs surf school again.
Thank you.