Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Brilliant surf lesson.

Excellent, fun, friendly and very reassuring surf instructor as my son was a little nervous but... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Kathryn B
The best surf school in Cornwall

This is the third time we’ve been down and had lessons with Stocked, Never disappoints, amazing... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Nicola S
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews private lesson surf school group lesson hour lesson great coach private family great lesson total beginner his enthusiasm board hire these guys be booking again safe hands any age brilliant experience great fun jules
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2023

Took my 9 year old daughter for her first surf lesson today, Julian and Matt were incredible with her and she had the most amazing time. I felt totally at ease watching her and didn't worry at all about her being in the sea without me as they were so attentive making sure she was okay. The waves were big today and she was safe and looked after the whole time. She achieved her blue loop band which meant she was standing on the surf board by the end of the lesson! She already can't wait to come back when we next visit!
Thank you stoked!!

1  Thank Kerrie m
Reviewed 25 October 2023

Would 100% recommend Stoked... took a couple of lessons a few years ago but forgotten everything so went for the beginners group lesson. Ju was a great instructor, funny, engaging and explained everything perfectly. The Loop idea is unique to stoked, but I can't believe it hasn't been adopted more widely, it really helped to understand progression of skills, and a lovely idea to get a token of your achievement afterwards. The girls loved the idea of earning the loop bracelet! Ju had just the right approach to get the whole group interacting and at ease with each other, even if a few of us couldn't come up with a graceful animal to emulate when practicing getting on the board! The angry cat impressions were hysterical too. Minimal time on the sand, just enough to get us going, then lots of time in the water. There were a few instructors for the group, hands on in the water offering advice and help, everyone in the group got to standing by the end of the lesson which was great and much more successful than my previous experiences elsewhere. They were also well organised, enthusiastic and great about being flexible about renting the wetsuits for longer. Not to mention great sports, letting the girls get revenge with the hose at the end of the day! All in all, an amazing time, and would highly recommend Stoked to anyone thinking of surfing.

Reviewed 22 October 2023

Wouldn't go for a surf lesson anywhere else! Ross our coach was amazing, incredibly knowledgeable and made the experience so enjoyable!

Reviewed 19 October 2023

So I hit the big 50 this year and I decided a surf lesson would be a great way to mark the occasion. My wife set up a private session with Ju for myself and my two teenage boys. Ju was on it from the start, making sure we had a session booked, he was really helpful and informative. We booked a half day private session; Ju ran through the LOOP surfing ability measures with us, starting with water safety. Our aspiration was to get us standing by the end of the first session (Blue Loop), we were kitted out with wetsuits and Mick Fanning soft boards. Both my boys had 8f boards whilst I had 9f nickname the “kong” which had a bit more buoyancy. At the start Ju got us used to getting onto the board balancing on our bodies riding the waves, this quickly moved onto kneeling. We had a quick refresh on the beach to go through how the stand “pop up”. This was so much fun getting out onto the water again, by the end of the session we were standing more than stalling or nose diving on the board. Ju was there to give us pointers on how to improve our stance with great encouragement.

Later that week we hired a wetsuit and board for my youngest to use over the weekend, he had a blast getting familiar with the board and putting into practise everything he’d been taught. After the weekend he headed back to collage, I traded the wetsuit and board in so I could continue to use it. Ju and team were so helpful in accommodating all of this. It was great to see them when we were out an about as we really felt like we were part of the Stoked Surf School family!! Loved it, don’t put it off, you won’t be disappointed!! Oh, and they have some great merch, I did by a cap (or two) and a mug to remind me of the great time I had……..

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 19 October 2023 via mobile

Back again with Jules and the team at Stoked for our bi-annual visit to Perranporth as a family and all of us now out back. We even had other family get hooked after a session with the Kong - Enough said!! . Cannot recommend these guys enough to anyone in the area. Oh and the sea is still quite warm!!

1  Thank Mark J