This was our stop-over point after day 2 of 4 walking part of the SWCP from Padstow to St. Ives. Not really the best location as it is some way out of town and meant us walking an extra 1.5 miles on the day (albeit with a consequent reduction on day 3), although it meant we did get some spectacular early evening views. The location would not have mattered so much had the bistro there been open, but Sue & Sharon were out for the evening and so we had to take a taxi into town to find somewhere to eat (where we did come up trumps with the Pavilion Boatshed - great place!).
Their absence probably also contributed to a rather muddled arrival (e.g. there were no towels in our room), but they made up for it in the morning with a great breakfast, with very friendly service and home baked bread.
Importantly the bed was very comfy even if the room was on the small side, so this is a place that we may well visit again and could recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St George's Country House Hotel is a small B&B located in top of the hill overlooking Perranporth and the countryside. We have wonderful panoramic views and the Southwest Coastal Path is just a hop away. We offer a full English Breakfast. We also offer home cooked dinner for travellers who wish to dine in. All the rooms are en suite and have free wifi. We have a full bar and lounge with comfortable seating. Our holiday cottage ' The Shed out Back' is a new one bed cottage which sleeps 2 adults. It can be rented for a minimum of 3 nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your St George's Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Country Perranporth
- Hotel St Georges Country
- St George's Country House Hotel Perranporth, Cornwall