“Go for the giggles!!”

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Came in after reading some of the previous reviews as we wanted to see it for ourselves! Nobody there when we went in, yet all the tables were dirty. The lady we could only assume is the owner brought us over a menu which was barely readable through all the stains. She then proceeded to sniff my partner and tell him he 'smelt different'... We weren't quite sure how to react!! I ordered a juice and was told the juice machine was broken (looking at other reviews it seems it's been a good few months!!), and was offered a banana smoothie. It was served in rather a small glass and definitely wasn't worth the £3.50 we paid for it! My partner had a latte. It came out looking very much like an americano filled with hot milk, no froth in sight! He struggled his way through after filling it with as many sugars as he dared.
A very strange experience and wouldn't go again, but definitely an entertaining visit! One you have to witness to understand!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

A very untidy place with clutter everywhere - the person serving didn't even have any space on her bar/counter to put our cups so she used a tray on a stool behind the counter!! But the coffee was excellent.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Everybody should visit this place, not necessarily to eat or drink. In an attractive building in the town. You enter to a friendly welcome. To the left is a large space with books cascading off a coffee table onto the floor. The impression given is that you lounge around on the floor with a coffee and peruse the books, or maybe they were for sale.

We turned to the right to the more traditional tables and chairs and ordered a cream tea. The lady in charge warmed the scones 'as they are nicer like that', though even warm could not hide that they were stale. The cream was a generous portion and excellent, spoilt by thin and runny jam. The tea was nice, perhaps the tea stains on the outside of the teapot gave added flavour.

The owner was quite a character and with a little more attention to hygiene and quality could provide a really nice and unusual experience. Shame it was all going wrong.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Not much else I can say that the others hav'nt said..The woman was very nice, but just was not up to the job.We both ordered her very special pies , which when they arrived 25 mins later were stone cold,,she said my cooker must be broken. My wife then asked for a cheese and tommatoe toastie, when this came it had hardly had a sniff under the toaster and was ham and tommatoe ,not cheese and tommatoe...Probably the worst place I've been to in 20 odd years..Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I write this review with a smile on my face and finding myself chuckling out loud.
This place is inviting from the outside. Once inside you are greeted with so many strange sights and sounds.
The decor is very unique, perhaps some people in this town find sitting down to a cup of tea while being surrounded with bootfair stalls as a good thing?
In addition to this you are welcomed by music from musicals such as evita!
I don't know where other people have got this "menus" thing from. There is clearly only the one! And its doing its best to hang on for dear life! Its a unique menu too, as you can see whats on offer and if you sniff the relevant greasy patch on the menu you can smell it too!
I really didn't believe that you can ruin a cup of tea. It turns out you can.
I laugh because this place is so surreal. The lady who served us was a nice enough lady who clearly wouldn't do anyone any harm. She made the whole experience... Dare i say this... Entertaining!
Please avoid unless you fancy a surreal cup of tea!... Or want to visit Narnia!

1  Thank LukeB1981