“fabulous location”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge
Kitchen/Diner Master Bedroom (Bed Linen is included)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Kitchen/Diner
Master Bedroom (Bed Linen is included)
Twin Bedroom (Bed Linen is included)
Bathroom
4 Star Perran Sands Holiday Park
Funworks Pool
Surf Bay Bar & Restaurant
Central Amenity Area
Central Amenity Area
Fish & Chip Shop and Restaurant
The Beach is just 500 metres away from the Chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Leanne L
“fabulous location”
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The chalet was clean and met all our needs. The location on the holiday park was ideal for us with plenty of places to eat, playgrounds for our little one, and a good pool with indoor and outdoor pool linked. We enjoyed strolling through the dunes to get to the beach which is one of the best beaches for children in Cornwall, it was perfect for our three year old to play safely.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: no wifi in the actual property
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
14 Sep 2016
Thanks very much for the lovely review Leanne, I really appreciate that. Also, thanks for leaving the chalet clean and tidy...you're very welcome to come back at any time !
472france...
Derby, United Kingdom
“Clean, tidy and comfey,well equipped great location.”
Reviewed 29 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This chalet was easy to find on the site and close to amenities. Well equioted chalet, quiet location. Perranporth a great little village with lovely beach.

Would recommend stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Nick B
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, clean and tiday little chalet”
Reviewed 6 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This is a fantastic chalet in a great location very close to the beach and not far from Perrenporth itself. Great base to explore the local beaches. Very clean and tidy and has everything you need for a comfortable stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
11 May 2015
Thanks ever so much for your kind words, I'm really pleased you had a good time. Also, thanks very much for leaving the chalet so clean and tidy, that was really appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you again.
Sparkly92
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Beware of unadvertised FunWorks passes costs!”
Reviewed 28 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Communication was 95% through TripAdvisor and I wasn’t given an owner’s number but some rental agency person’s number, even though I did ask for an owner’s phone number. And you talk with the owner but it’s managed through someone else who takes cares of my deposit, issues, etc. Very confusing to have the owner, trip advisor & rental agency for one property, made worse when I had issues at the property & the rental agency woman didn’t call me back for over 4 hours and only then after I emailed the owner saying I had no response.

My biggest issue is with FunWorks passes. There was mention in the description of some activities needing a pass, but NO mention that if you want to use the pool, the kids club activities or visit the entertainment area after 5ish you need to pay for a Funworks pass. (Not to be confused with an Activities pass - TWO separate things! Activities passes are for things like roller disco or fencing lesson, etc & those are clearly written about on Haven’s site.)

The FunWorks passes are included when you book directly through Haven. Had I know this when I booked, i would’ve booked directly through Haven for less money. These passes are an extra £75 for 2 adults & a child staying over a weekend - that is a lot of money! I emailed the owner several times about it before my trip & she tried to compare a tent rental to her chalet cost wise & tell me her rental is cheaper but that is not comparing apples to apples. When I booked the chalet there were some on Haven’s site for the maybe £50 more pounds than her price which still would’ve been cheaper. Thankfully, she has since changed her description but as there were no trip advisor reviews, or real info on it, I feel like I did get duped. Even Haven Reception staff laughed at me when I asked if it was necessary to have them and couldn’t believe I didn’t get them with my rental.

Also had issues with the TV. As you can see from the picture, the cord hangs across the heater. So obviously i moved the cord when I turned on the heat. As the pic shows, the aerial is barely attached to the TV and when I moved the cord, I unplugged the aerial. We figured it was the wind because we had a pixelated picture, but not until my 3rd day there did the rental agency call me back & say it to check the aerial connection. All they needed to do was leave an A4 note that says, please move the cord when turning the heater on & be sure the aerial is still plugged in, would’ve saved a lot of hassle & 2 nights without TV.

Also, very bare minimum as far as basics supplied - only one loo roll provided which I thought was a bit cheap. No extra bin bags or instructions on where to dump the rubbish/recycling (we figured it out). It was very clean but the beds lumpy, pillows were flat.

Will likely not ever book a Holiday Park again, it’s not really our scene - the restaurants are limited, laundry costs you £8 a load & the beach is a very steep walk down a very big hill.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
1 May 2015
Thanks for your review: I’m sorry you weren’t happy with Holiday Lettings, Tripadvisor, the chalet, the park, the facilities or the location.

To start with, let’s please tell the truth about a few things.

Firstly, you were charged £225.50 by Holiday Lettings for the chalet and it was clearly stated that that was what you were purchasing. My advert (as you’ve confirmed) stated “a pass may be required for certain activities – please ask for further details”, I have never said that passes were included.

Secondly, you told me you were charged £60.00 for passes (not £75.00 as in your review) as your son is 4 years old and there’s no charge for him. Therefore, if we add £225.50 and £60.00 together, that makes £285.50. Haven were charging £286.00 for a chalet with passes included so my chalet was cheaper. You did also say to me that you “chose my chalet as it seemed more homey feeling than the ones on the site.”

Thirdly, let’s be honest about the issue (singular…not ”issues”) that you had with the chalet and that was in relation to the television. Unfortunately, that was due to the fact that you pulled the aerial cable out of the wall. As you know, there was a very long conversation with you to “troubleshoot” the situation (which included the suggestion about the aerial cable) but you were adamant that there was no problem with that.

Onto other matters, to clarify, I’m not a rental agency and my number was supplied to you. Holiday Lettings handle all financial details (deposit, balance and bond) and not us or TripAdvisor as you suggested: we don’t receive anything until a couple of days after a guest has checked in so I think you may be a little confused there.

I sent you an email with all the details for your arrival including a number if you needed any help; I do apologise that you didn’t get a reply as quickly as you wanted but it was the Easter weekend.

I do appreciate your suggestion about a notice but, as I am sure you would agree, one could be supplying A4 notices for lots of things that could be, with respect, more to do with common sense.

With regard to the passes, as you’ve said, the listing did say (before you booked) “a pass may be required for certain activities” and that is correct and fair.

I understand your disappointment but, obviously, the pool, the kid’s club and the entertainment area are, very clearly, facilities and fall into that category.

You failed to mention in your review that I asked you how I could alter the description to your satisfaction and that I acted upon that immediately. I changed the description to “You may need to buy passes for certain activities and facilities - please ask for further details.”
I’m sorry that you weren’t happy with the price you paid Holiday Lettings but, obviously, our prices are offered and no-one is forced into buying something they don’t want.

To clarify, at the time of exchange of messages, the only two bedroom accommodation available at the park was a two bedroom pre-erected tent at £299.00. I used that as a comparison for you, as you know, as prices weren’t available for a two bedroom chalet as they had all been sold so I was unable to compare “apples to apples” to use your phrase.

I couldn’t possibly comment on Haven staff laughing at customers but I hope they didn’t do that as that would be unprofessional.

To remind you, this is a self-catering chalet, it is not fully serviced accommodation (e.g. a hotel) where there is a constant supply of toilet rolls, toiletries, towels or a pillow exchange service etc.

As said before, it is impossible to supply A4 notices everywhere and for every eventuality; there is a hope that guests will use their common sense. In relation to refuse disposal, I’m glad that you noticed the large “dumpsters” dotted around the park supplied for that purpose.
I’m sorry that you weren’t happy, it’s a real shame as there have been many people who have enjoyed super holidays there.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing