“Perfect hotel accommodation”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Porthallow
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Perfect hotel accommodation”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

One of the best and very accommodating of pets. What more can you say apart from excellent in all respects. Hotel has a unique collection of art and sculpture which added so much to a fascinating building in a unique location

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
West Sussex uk
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding here this weekend & it was truely sensational myself & my family traveled 5hours and it was so worth it the view is breath taking.... The wedding planer (Sarah) is brilliant everything went so smoothly the staff are lovely & so helpful, we stayed in room 1 & it was perfect waking up to the sea view, the food is delightful they cater for your every need.... The ceremony room is beautiful very personal & our wedding breakfast was in the conservatory I would 100% recommend this hotel it's truely unique
...

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Came to this wonderful place after seeing on secret escapes, booked for my hubby's birthday as wanted a quiet place to relax, we couldn't have found a more perfect place, the staff are superb, only mentioned in passing the birthday and at dinner we had a birthday card from the hotel and a sparkly pudding delivered at the end, the food is wonderful, the location is magical. I would recommend to anyone who asked, we will definitely be back! Enjoy the cream tea!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
Axminster, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Lovely lovely hotel. Wonderful service, wonderful location, fascinating décor , great food (but not perfect). You cannot really fault this hotel, but you pay for it. As it is a little on the expensive side my review is a bit picky, but this is a great hotel. My only very minor point is the food. I really enjoyed my three course fine dining menu but the prawns with the hake were rubbery indicating they were slightly overdone, and my wife said her sweet looked very good but was disappointing. I would normally overlook such matters in a review but at this price I think you need to be picky. We did not complain at the time as everything else was 100% . I would definitely go again. As they were quiet they upgraded us to a suit which was very nice of them. and the staff are wonderfully attentive

2 Thank Peter H
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Driving down a typical tiny Cornish road you would not expect to find such a beautiful setting. Turning left into Talland Bay Hotel I couldn't believe my eyes, I didn't know where to look first, huge trees with fairies swaying in the breeze, cheeky mysteriously looking elf sculptures, wooden toadstools and a magnificent huge snail and not to mention the view of the ocean with the suns rays glistening on it like fairy dust. I knew our birthday weekend was going to be a fantastic one and we certainly wasn't disappointed. The 3 of us (myself, hubby and our dog) arrived at the reception, again, I didn't know where to look first, the decor is amazing, very unusual and quirky, a very unique interior with no expense spared. The gentleman at reception was very attentive and made us feel very welcome straightway and obviously loves dogs. We were shown to our room, the door opened and wow! it was gorgeous, there were birthday cards for my husband and I and also there was a blanket and a homemade dog biscuit for our dog. The proprietors have 3 dogs one of which is the most friendliest Tibetan Terrier and got on famously with our dog, they had such a great time running around on the lawn together, other guests dogs joined in too, it was great fun! We stayed at Talland Bay Hotel for 2 nights and both evenings we ate in the brasserie where we and our dog were made so welcome, there were 4 dogs sat with their owners, all very well behaved which might of had something to do with the plate of white chunks of moist chicken with a napkin 'to wipe their paws', which was brought to us when we sat down, it looked far to good to give our pooch, he couldn't believe his luck! We weren't disappointed with our meal either, the homemade fish cakes were huge and absolutely lovely and the mussels were to die for, they have a net of fresh mussels delivered everyday from the local fish market. My husband loved his fillet steak, very tender and cooked to perfection, one of the best fillets he's had. Unfortunately didn't make it to puddings but I'm sure they would of been as fantastic as everything else. After dinner headed back to our beautiful room and had the most amazing nights sleep in our massive bed, the sheets were white and crisp, there were also baby soft white towelling robes hanging in the wardrobe and in the bathroom plenty of 'The White Company' toiletries.
I hope everyone gets a chance to stay at Talland Bay Hotel as you will not be disappointed, all the staff really did make our staying a memorable one :)

1 Thank Paula4369
Bridport
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Today we have returned from lovely sunny Cornwall,having stayed at Talland Bay Hotel for the second time this year.It was humbling to witness the resilience of the people who live in Cornwall having seen the storm and flood damage in Looe, Seaton and Lanhydrock Estate.The majority of shops etc are open and trees cleared.Cornwall is definitely open to visitors
Talland Bay Hotel is our favourite get away our energetic spaniel Bertie is always made welcome and is spoilt with treats of chicken as are all the visiting dogs by Michael
The Fine Dining was exquisite as usual and the new Brasserie menu,
exciting with fresh fish and various steaks,Greek and traditional English fare.Last night I had the Tournados Rossini Fillet steak which was perfectly cooked, followed by local cheeses and artisan home-cooked bread and biscuits,washed down by a fine port -truly decadent!
Michael,Vanessa and all of the staff ensure you have a wonderful holiday and nothing is too much trouble.The hotel and gardens are always immaculate with amazing sea views,and a few minutes walk to the dog friendly beach. We( especially Bertie) cannot wait to return.......

Room Tip: room 9 has a private balcony and is spacious and beautifully decorated Has original fire place and w...
1 Thank zeus59
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Lovely relaxing hotel with great staff and owners. The types of guest very also very likeable friendly people. I think it attracts like minded folk??? I'd give the hotel a solid 90%+. A few little niggles like lack of hot water in the morning, kettle being a little too big to fit under the tap and fill in the bathroom and our room being a little compact and bijou. The room size is easy to fix.....just pay more for a bigger room.

We loved it. Great food, nice hotel and in an excellent location. Uniquely styled with an eclectic mix of interior design that tells you that this is a hotel that the owners have not only poured their heart and soul into..... but quite a few pounds in terms of design pieces.

We will be back....... maybe not so many bottle of Champagne next time, the better half was a little thirsty when we awake this morning, but all sorted with an excellent breakfast and lovely coffee.

Room Tip: Room 3 was a little small, but I am over 6 feet 3 and middle age is spreading!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porthallow
Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,503 reviews

Been to Talland Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!