“A lovely small hotel”
Review of Aviary Court Hotel

Aviary Court Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Redruth
Aviary Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Reviewed 7 September 2013

At the end of July we stayed here in superior room number 5. It is a lovely hotel on he outskirts of Redruth and within walking distance of Portreath Beach. Our room was clean and very comfortable. Paul and Bernice are very friendly hosts and Bernice a good cook. We ate here on two occasions and enjoyed the food. Lovely restaurant looking over their very pretty and well maintained grounds. Would certainly visit again when next in Cornwall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gill S

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Second time we stayed in this lovely Hotel in Cornwall. We liked
the frendlyness of the owners Bernice and Paul. We enjoyed the
fine and well prepared diners with a good choice. Diet food was
provided. Breakfast was excelent. Aviary-Court is very quiet.
We hope to return one day - and we are sure, that Bernice and
Paul will do the outmost to comfort us - and every other guests.
We can recommand Aviary-Court to anyone wishing
to have a stay in a little Hotel in a cosy athmosphere.
Walter and Margrit, Volketswil, Switzerland

Room Tip: Room Nr. 3
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Our tenth visit to this excellent hotel was just as enjoyable as the other nine. Bernice and Paul are charming and accommodating hosts. . Bernice cooks all the food which is delicious with 4 different vegetables every night and a mouth watering choice of desserts.
I arrived with a broken arm and ankle but Aviary Court was the ideal place to convalesce as it was so peaceful. One time I sat in the beautiful gardens all day, reading and admiring the lovely flowers and manicured lawns.The head gardner metamorphoses into the suave bar man and head waiter in the evening. As I was struggling to eat with one arm, Bernice cut my food up for me. The rooms are all elegant and my favourite room is ? I am not going to tell you as I shall want it next year. Thank you Bernice and Paul from Gillian and Edward Simpson

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully furnished and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My daughter and I arrived at this small hotel and was greeted by Bernice who made us very welcome and made us a cup of tea on the patio. Our room was delightful with twin beds ,a very large T.V. Wi. Fi. and two Stressless chairs to sit on to watch T.V. A very luxurious en-suite and clean towels every day. Paul our host was very caring and served the lovely meals that Bernice cooked. I really can't recommend this hotel too highly. It made my special birthday very special.

Beryl and Catherine.

Room Tip: The twin bed room No. 6 was very comfortable and very quiet with lovely views of the well kept garde...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beryl F
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here, with a work colleague, on Bussiness in July 2013 for 3 nights. Our employers insist on booking the accomodation, so I have little say in the matter, and had never heard of this establishment even though we work down at Portreath regularly.

The setting is perfect - secluded grounds and a chocolate box cover type farmhouse. Welcome was very friendly and the rooms large and comfortable. Everything that should work worked very well - free wifi was good and worked fine in the room as well as communal areas.

We were working nights and as such would be in bed at breakfast time - nevertheless the proprieter plated up a small breakfast for us and left it in te rooms which was much appreciated. The one cooked breakfast I made it to was superb.

All in all hard to fault - would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2013

From Sunday 23rd of June until Friday 28th of June my wife and I enjoyed another great break at Aviary Court
This is our forth visit this time staying in room 4 and as on our previous three visits accommodation, home cooked food and service was first class.
It is a pleasure to view the lovely gardens in such a peaceful surrounding.
We will certainly visit again..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david A
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Looks fantastic in the photo's, and their website boasts of recent refurbishment...this may be true but the refurbishment wasn't done where it is needed, ie carpet, curtains, beds.
The bed was a double - who has double beds in this day and age? I am 6'1'' and the small bed gave me backache, bed wasn't comfortable either, and the bedding was a sheet, a fleece type thing and then a duvet - well it wasn't really a duvet, more a thick rug.
Given Room 4, orange walls with blue curtains and bedding, truly awful combination in poor taste.
You have to leave your key behind on a hook together with the other 5 keys when you go out - so anyone can take your key and gain access to your room.
The worst thing about the hotel, aside from the small bed was the smell. As soon as you walk in it smells extremely musty and stagnant. This smell is everywhere. I can only compare the smell to my Nan's house after it hadn't been lived in for 2 years or an old boarding school.
This smell continues to the bedroom and even the bedding. One waft of the covers was enough to make me feel sick. You can't even open the windows above your head as they are sheet fire glass and cannot be opened. Had to use the windows the other side of the room.
Complained the following morning and was offered a different room with a slightly larger bed, declined this and was asked to pay for the second night! Needless to say we didn't even stay for breakfast.
Positives: bathroom was extremely clean, the grounds are well maintained and they have a tennis court, location.
Booked two nights, stayed one after a terrible nights sleep and went to the Carnon Downs Premier Inn - at £1.00 more expensive. Please, use the Premier Inn, a far better nights sleep, in a quiet area, a kingsize bed and no weird smell permeating everything.

Room Tip: Don't have room 4, come to think of it, any room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Paul_S1979
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
Penventon Park Hotel
#3 of 10 in Redruth
Collins Arms
Collins Arms
#6 of 9 in Redruth

Been to Aviary Court Hotel? Share your experiences!