“Very friendly hotel with excellent carvery and breakfast”

and 1 more site!
The Inn For All Seasons
Ranked #5 of 10 Redruth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were unable to find accommodation anywhere in Penzance in September and our GPS system came up with the Inn for All Seasons. We were lucky and the very friendly receptionist found the last room for us. The carvery was top of the range as was the breakfast the next day, both very well priced and we discovered that many of the clients came from many areas of Cornwall just to sample the food. Thank you for your great hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bksimon43

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were travelling in Cornwall and had stopped at a pub trying to find a room for the night they were full but offered to ring The Inn to see if they had a room which they did .On arrival the building looks in need of some renewal but we received a warm welcome .The room was clean and well furnished ,complimentary toiletries and water were provided.There is a good choice at breakfast and it was freshly cooked the staff were very friendly .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan L
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Decided to just turn up to see if we could get a table for 4 and it looked like this may have been a problem as they seemed very busy. However we were told we could have a booth but it may be a little crowded. Not a problem.
Hubby went to bar to order some drinks and we were shown to our table.
On coming back from the bar, hubby had seen diners from the carvery and noted the veg looked very pale, as if over cooked. He also noticed a gent at the bar eating a deep fried cheese dish ( Brie we think ) that had 2 very uniform shaped pieces of breaded cheese on the plate that looked as though they may have been packaged and not made on site.
The table wasnt overly cramped but both myself and my daughter put our hands down between the wall and the table only to find a lot of cobwebs!
The food was reasonable pub food at best. The hoisin sauce on the steak salad completley over powered the dish and it was very basic to say the least.
The peppercorn sauce was very acidic and ruined both my chicken dish and my daughters steak. I doubt this was tasted before it left the kitchen and at £2.95 for just the sauce.....really?
The desserts were served on warm plates ( chilled desserts from a cabinet ) and served with clotted cream that looked to be separating. The server made a point of looking closely at the cream but still served it anyway. The desserts were the best part of the meal but it transpires that these are not made on site but bought in from a local bakery! ( At least the ones we had anyway )
An experience we wont be rushing out to repeat.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The first thing I will say is that this place is a great advertisement for how friendly and helpful staff can make all the difference. Yes The Inn for All Seasons would benefit from a bit of work, paint and some new furniture, but to be 100% honest, as long as they keep treating customers the way they do and keep making great breakfasts they don't need to do anything for me and all those things will come in time. I will certainly be back as a result of my stay. Just in case you were wondering, the rooms are impeccably clean and tidy and well equipped. Very comfortable bed and everything I needed, as well as a bottle of water that was very welcome. Keep up the good work. You made my business trip a real pleasure. (I was the tall guy who dashed off to Lands End when I arrived on Tuesday night 6/8/13 and locked my key in my room when I came down for breakfast). Oh, and the breakfast (full English) was blooming gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

A two night stop while working in Portreath. Initial impressions when arriving are that the place is a little rough around the edges. However the welcome is friendly and the rooms clean, smart and quite acceptable. The exterior of the hotel is looking a little tatty with broken looking steps, tatty paintwork and unloved outside furniture. The restaurant was surprisingly full for a Wednesday evening.The restaurant menu is the standard faire, the carvery popular and well priced. The a-la-carte menu is acceptable, the portions are a on the large size but well presented and tasty.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Maesty
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a hotel on the edge of Redruth and just off the A30. The rooms are all en-suite and are of a good size. The food in the restaurant is excellent with a choice of carvery or al la carte. Breakfast is very good with multiple choice from fruit juice to the fulkl english breakfast. If you are down that way would recommend it for just a meal.Staff and management are very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My mother and I have just returned from Sunday lunch at the Inn for All Seasons, after a few recommendations. We were able to make a reservation but was glad we had as think it would have been unlikely we would have got a table as the place was crowded. When we arrived our table was not ready so we got a drink at the bar. There was very little seating at the bar, problematic as I have severe sciatica and cannot stand, thankfully someone kindly gave me their bar stool. There did seem an air of chaos about the place, noisy , crowded and staff seeming uncertain of whom to serve. We were eventually pointed to were our table was, though not actually walked there, but it was nice private table. As this was our first visit we had no clue of what the procedure was, no menus or anything and we were uncertain if we had to get a token or were invited to go up to the carvery. After about 10 minutes managed to attract a member of staff's attention and she explained that you just go up. We had to que for about 10 minutes to get our food. The food was good, beef tender, plenty of choice of vegatables,the cauliflower cheese was especially nice. Also the food was very hot. Again when it came to ordering desserts there was nothing to say how much etc, just a price list for ice cream. The dessers looked as though they were home made and certainly the Lemon Meringue Pie was very nice and tangy, though it seemed very odd the way in which you just gave the surname in which the table was booked when you went to collect your dessert. I would definitely go again, but would like to see less chaos and more explaination given on being seated. Perhaps a member of staff allocated to seve a certain number of tables so there was some continuity, and maybe the waiting staff would look more like they knew what they were doing. For a family gathering, or friends out a great place to go, if you want an intimate meal I wouldn' t suggest it. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Maltesegirl27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
Penventon Park Hotel
Collins Arms
Collins Arms
#6 of 9 in Redruth
Globe Vale Holiday Park

Been to The Inn For All Seasons? Share your experiences!