We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Redruth
Lansdowne Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Redruth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Unfortunately I had to travel from Western Australia at extremely short notice, just before Xmas as my grandmother was in a nearby care home and was very ill. My 2 nights turned to 6 nights while i watched my grandmother pass away. The accommodation was lovely and comfortable, and Mark was a true host. To the point where if I had been stuck in redruth due to the severe flooding and weather warnings, I was invited to their family Xmas lunch! Thankfully I made it up to London on Xmas eve so I wasn't alone. Highly recommended to anyone :)

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy W

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Wonderful building, wonderful rooms, wonderful breakfast, wonderful hosts... what more can I say? I must say this has to be about the best, most welcoming B&B I`ve ever stayed in, nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are comfy and well appointed and the breakfasts are freshly cooked to order and served with great service and good conversation. Now that I`ve found this wonderful place I know exactly where I`ll be staying when I`m next in the area.Thank you so much Mark and Marnie for your kind hospitality.

Room Tip: Don`t worry if there is only a standard room available, these are still well appointed and the facil...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very clean, smaller room, single bed. Shared bath was very modern and clean. Owner friendly. Breakfast choice of cold Buffett or the traditional English, both very good. Reasonably priced, and close to rail and town centre. Spring water, biscuits tea all in room on arrival. Fridge space available in dining area for guests. They use solar for the hot water, never an issue.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights, One word describes this Guest House "FANTASTIC". Ideally located to explore this area of Cornwall within easy reach of Penzance ,Falmouth, Penlyn, St Ives etc. The Breakfast is outstanding, The rooms are of a V,Good standard

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Interesting building,nicely and newly decorated room and communal areas.Excellent breakfast.Comfortable room with good facilities.Good location in the centre of West Cornwall -good access to Coastal areas.Nice host.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Stayed in 2 single rooms with a friend for 9 nights in a row while we built sea kayaks with Cornwall Custom Kayaks. Character house with parking, comfortable and clean rooms and helpful hosts. Were very kind about letting us use the dining room in the evenings to eat take away - and even have fridge, microwave and crockery etc for those wishing to do some simple self catering. Short walk to town centre. Would make a central base for exploring the whole area, although little to do in evenings in Redruth.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms without ensuite have fluffy bathrobes to wear when crossing the landing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank R_Daniels_12
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I have numerous allergies and intolerances and Mark and Marnie did everything to accomodate my health issues! They bought in gluten-free bread and soya milk specifically for me and when on the first night I was rather allergic to the soap powder used on the sheets, they rinsed them through and re-made the bed by the time I came back in the evening! This was a rather stressful trip as I was helping my elderly father but Mark and Marnie made it that much easier for me and I can't thank them enough!!! The house is absolutely spotless and the rooms are excellent value for money - I have stayed in many B&Bs in Cornwall as I would say that the Lansdowne was the best value!!! The breakfasts were amazing (fry-ups not at all greasy) and there was even a microwave for guests to use which I did for one dinner. On the last day of my trip they kept my luggage safe so I wouldn't have to drag it around the town.When I go back to visit my dad I will stay here again - without a doubt!!! My stay felt much more like visiting some friends and staying in their home! Mark and Marnie, thank you so much!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo