“Loved It!”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Found a leaflet for this place whilst on holiday and being a horse lover just had to visit. I loved it!!!
We arrived a little early and a small dog came running to the gate to meet us followed shortly after by the elderly gentleman who runs the place. His helpers had gone to a show and he was on his own so apologised that everything was taking a little longer than usual. This is a true working farm and it is evident that money goes on the horses rather than the look of the place and that's the whole point. We were shown around and I got to feed one of the Suffolk Stallions who was amazing. We met some of the other animals and then had a lovely chat with the gentleman about his carriages and the Donkey in the carriage museum keeping out of the rain. Tea was next and I was only too glad to help out as the gentleman went and found lots of pictures and told us stories of the centre and the horses. There was only my family and another couple but we all loved it.
You would find it hard to spend all day here and if you have no interest in horses or carriages then its probably not the place for you but this is a nice little gem in the countryside and they need visitors to keep it alive and its protecting a bygone age which is disappearing from many places.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Maria C

surrey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Genuine”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have been a few times, yes it's run down, yes it's a bit messy, but it's real, it's a working shire breeding farm, the old ,an is lovely, and will tell you many stories, my best was a receipe used to treat a severe wound, he was told it as a young man, and it works . . . Stunning stallion, if you lucky enough to see him, if not ask, and they will take you to him, same with the shires, it's not the place you would go to for the sake of going, you need to have a understanding and interest in the breeds

Visited November 2012
6 Thank carah21
dewsbury
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“disgusting”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

couldn,t believe that this is still up and running,the place was a disgrace, a very interesting old man and a young girl, but the toilet was an absolute disgrace, it said they do cream teas, wouldn,t like to chance it!yes I know it is a working farm, but so are many more and been to many of them but never seen anything in such a condition as this.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank yorkshirepudding64
Saltash, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“i aboslutely love this place”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

the atmosphere is amazing, the people are lovely and know matter what other people say the horses are well cared for and their owner cares more for them then he does for himself and has a very hands on approach and you can get very close to the horses. because of this I'm joining the heavy horse society

Visited August 2013
8 Thank dotty0189
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fabulous find”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I can't really put into words a description of this place! A proper working natural farm. I have noticed there are one or two negative reports on trip adviser which I think is a pity that these people have really missed the point of this farm. It is certainly different to anything else I have visited but in a very positive way. There is a wonderful collection of carriages from over a hundred years ago. There are a beautiful selection of heavy horses, shires and Suffolk punch. There is a donkey called Jack, a pony and its foal, a pig, dogs, ducks etc. All that said what makes it all come together is the whole character of this place and the lovely gentleman who showed us round. We were lucky enough to be there on our own (it isn't the best signposted place but don't let this put you off) and we were encouraged to lend a hand which was an honour. In a nutshell this gem is rustic to say the least but it beats these false commercial money making places hands down!

Visited August 2013