“ok not brilliant”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“ok not brilliant”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Camped here over the bank holiday weekend, rode my bike a few times and kayaked on the lake. Rained all weekend but nothing to do with the campsite. I have no complaints about thesite as it was lean and tidy aa and no one botched you or rushed you off the pitch. Second time visiting this site, not sure if we will go back, found the golden lion pub at the entrance to the lake was £4 cheaper.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank sean_kelly

Redruth, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“You don't have to like watersports to visit”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife I often run & walk round the lake - there is plenty of free parking & the trail is flat. On a couple of occasions you have to pass through gates and go onto public roads - the signposting of the circular route could be made a little clearer if you are a 1st time visitor. The cafe by the lake serves lovely home made cakes - the gluten-free banana cake neing my favourite.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank GaryHodgson
Camborne, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Absolutely scenic!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I was very impressed with the size of the lake and the sunset was absolutely amazing at the time on Lake. It inspired me to paint it. I actually have painted a nice canvas with the sunset of that day,

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dorina F
Pershore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A bit of a surprise”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were staying locally at The Old Railway Yard at Lanner, and on their recommendation had eaten at The Golden Lion , right beside the lake, we drove onto the lake complex and were very surprised at such a lovely location,please bear in mind it was a beautiful evening.
Please bear in mind we are a couple of pretty active old pensioner, and I am pretty sure on our next trip to Cornwall we will be back during the daytime.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank spanner37
Winchester
“Stithians Triathlon July 2013”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stithians Lake is an excellent venue for a lake based triathlon - if a little challenging due to the undulating hills and the off-road run!

Visited July 2013