“Old school charm with great staff and screens”
Review of Regal Cinema

Regal Cinema
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Redruth
Cambridge, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Old school charm with great staff and screens”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

My family had a great time here and the staff were the best I have experienced in a cinema. Great cinema for a wet Cornish day and the nearby busker was wonderful too.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mark C

St Ives, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Staff”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My family and I recently visited the Regal Cinema, to watch The Heat and although screens are smaller than expected they were quaint and comfortable, with several screens showing all the latest films. When a situation arose, leaving us stranded in a town unfamiliar to us, at the end of the evening upon leaving the cinema, we found The Regal staff to go beyond there job description in order to make sure my family got home safely. Even the local police weren't of any real assistance to us, the staff were kind, helpful and were genuinely lovely people. Special Thanks to Sarah, Mark and Josh

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Britney O
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely cinema, miserable staff..”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I travelled here from newquay to watch a film that wasn't showing in any other cinema close by so it was a good 40 minute journey. We then approached the ticket desk to which we had a 2for1 code as it was a Wednesday, however was left confused after the woman on the desk said they didn't do that offer but this was no where on there website. We continued to pay for two tickets anyway & then went for a meal in there bar next door; it was excellent service,quality&value for money with really polite&smiley staff. We then went to go to our screen where the lady who sold us our tickets was our usher. After spending 45 minutes in the screen watching adverts & there even being a hiccup with seats to which the usher had to double check our tickets, she didn't even realise she had taken us to the wrong screen. We were given a full refund for our tickets but really wasn't impressed by the poor customer service of the cinema staff. Was disappointing for such fantastic screens & facilities after there refurb .

1 Thank Loren'Jade C
Pershore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lunchtime sandwich”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We broke our journey for a bite to eat,weather was excellent and we sat outside under the canopy, service was very polite and sandwiches arrived after a few minutes, only comment would be the sandwiches were oversize, we are a pair of OAPs and our appetites are not what they were,
All in all a good lunch.

1 Thank spanner37
Redruth, United Kingdom
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Expensive & Uncomfortable”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I am probably being a bit unfair with this review, because I just don't like the whole cinema experience. I think that it's expensive for what you get - I despair at some of the people who come into the cinema to (sometimes inadvertantly) spoil my enjoyment of the film. Either by constantly eating the noisiest food on the face of the planet for 1.5 hours, or coming in late, or talking, or texting or the 101 other things that I find annoying.
So how does Redruth Cinema stand apart from the whole crappy cinema experience? Well it doesn't - there is still the same:-

a) Expensive ticket price
b) Unneccessary online booking fee
c) Range of ridiculously overpriced noisy food & drink
d) Tedious never-ending adverts
e) Uncomfortable seating with restricted legroom
f) Screen the size of my front room TV