“One Night Spa Break”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I have just spent an evening at the hotel on a one night spa break which we can highly recommend. We were put in the Poldark Suite which was very comforatable indeed. The meal in the restaurant was outstanding and all of the staff were extremely welcoming. Included in the deal was a spa treatment, which Sarah performed - a back, neck and shoudler massage for each of us. Sarah was extremely accommodating, even coming in on Sunday, her day off, as we couldn't make it to the hotel until late on Saturday - she has the hands of an angel, thank you so much. We can't recommend this spa break highly enough :)

Room Tip: The Poldark Suite is very spacious with lounge, double and single bedrooms and bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. In 2012 I have spent around 2 months staying here due to a family illness. The staff are professional, kind, considerate and have a huge amount of customer service skill. Nigel Jeffery the accommodation manager has a very well oiled team and is exceptional in his field. The hotel surpasses all expectations, my room, the spa, breakfast and the restaurant are all top class, the attention to detail was amazing. My time in Cornwall was not for good reasons, but staying at this fantastic hotel enabled me to relax and take time out in a fantastic beautiful setting. Above all I felt well looked after and relaxed. Well done to the owners and all the staff for getting it superbly right. Thank you

Room Tip: Just speak to Nigel and tell him your expectations and he will guide you.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank karen w
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Took my daughter down to Cornwall as she had a job interview and chose the hotel because of the location. Had two single rooms for one night which were extremely comfortable, quiet and well decorated. Bathrooms were modern clean and a nice size with good showers. My room was quite a bit smaller than my daughters so although comfortable it may be worth contacting the hotel if you want a larger single.
The hotel felt welcoming as soon as we walked through the door and all the staff I met were nice, attentive and friendly without being over the top. ( just right ). The hotel Is decorated in a traditional stately home kind of way with some interesting touches which made it feel comfortable. The restaurant was nice and the food and service were excellent with the exception of one of the waiters forgetting to bring our drinks order. However, it wasn't long before someone was checking on our welfare and when I mentioned we were waiting for drinks they were presented immediately without charge. This type of gesture is quite rare and I have used a lot of hotels so I'm impressed which is one of the reasons I'm taking the time to write this. Believe me I don 't usually bother.
Bar prices weren't bad for this class of hotel and finally, but importantly, great breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't know about other rooms but as I stated in the review if you want a larger single call the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I recently hosted and celebrated my 30th birthday in the Lady Edith Suite at the Penventon.
From my very first meeting, to the final BIG night, the service was absolutely exceptional.
All staff are so discreet, and friendly but very very efficent at all times.
The night itself was everything i had dreamed about and more. It was something that had meant an awful lot to me to have this night, and it truly was wonderful.
I have recieved constant feedback from my guests about the night. One thing that stood out beyond anything was the food... from exceptional presentation to all the taste and flavour was unbelievable. The chef and staff excelled themselves.
The comments have been
"It wasn't a 30th birthday it was a WOW party"
"Beautiful and exceptional"
" Its a hidden gem in Redruth which you don't expect to find"
" We have stayed in top London hotels and nothing compares to that service"
"It was better than 5 * and Michelin standard"
"Perfect down to the smallest detail"

The list could go on...
A lot of my guests stayed the night and were very impressed, some ven said it would have been just worth it for the breakfast!
To me and my guests the Penventon is something that is lacking from everyday life, it excels at an old fashioned elegance but with modern feel
You feel treated from the moment you walk in the doors. I have read a few reviews of the decor in the hotel, needs a complete overhawl.
Certainly not, I think all its decor gives the hotel a huge character, which so many establishments and big hotels lack. A lot of hotels do an overhawl and it is so bland, and it becomes just a buisness.
Something you feel very strongly here is that YOU matter.
Please don't stop doing what you just excel at.
We even went back for Sunday lunch, stunning and very good value - needless to stay we will be going back

A big heartfelt thankyou from me goes out to all the staff involved in my night it really was magical and you all contributed to make it so special, it has left me, my friends & family with a lot of very happy memories - thankyou!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Recently on a business trip i stumbled upon the penventon park hotel. on returning to cornwall my colleagues and i stayed at the hotel for two nights. what a wonderful time we had. from the beautifully restored hotel, the exquisite bedrooms and the fabulous food served, i cant wait to return to cornwall so i can stay again.
Lynda from Southampton

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We were booked in to the Hotel by the TV production company, so had no say about where we stayed, we decided to complete the week with 3 nights of the "indulgence " offer, we are very glad that we did.The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, we were given the "Bridal Suite" Oops! 45 years too late.Must say the room made us smile, four poster bed, dated opulence but very comfortable.
The hotel staff seemed to enjoy their work - what a refreshing change! They were all lovely.The jewel in the crown was the restaurant, it was wonderful to walk in and see the beautifully set tables and immaculate linen, even fresh flowers. Not only was the food excellent (our complements to the Chefs) but the service was exceptional, so friendly but so efficient without being intrusive.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Penventon Park to friends, and when we move to Cornwall we will certainly visit again to either dine or stay.
Many Thanks

Room Tip: Choose a room on theSouth Side overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

From the second we arrived we were treated extremely well and made to feel very welcome. The spa staff were lovely and all 6 of us enjoyed a fab treatment. The rooms were perfect. Clean, plenty of space and everything we needed. We live in Cornwall and although we hadn't travelled that far we all felt so relaxed and far from reality.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden suite which was ideal.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
The Alverton
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!