“Stay at the Penventon Park Hotel”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Callington, United Kingdom
“Stay at the Penventon Park Hotel”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We enjoyed our short break at the Penventon Park Hotel, room was good the food was also very good. The only draw back was that when my wife and I walked back from the centre of Redruth walking down the drive that had no lighting was a bit dangerous.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Penventon, Manager at Penventon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
It’s good to hear that you enjoyed your short break with us.

We have had some issues with sourcing the correct aesthetically pleasing replacement lighting for the entrance; this is in hand, and we appreciate your feedback.

To welcome you back to Penventon would be our pleasure, we do hope that we will see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have never been here before and by chance came across Penventon on Mighty Deals. It seemed like a nice place on their website but Im always dubious as Ive had a horribleHotel experience using Groupon before.
HOW wrong could I be? VERY!! This was by far one of the best Hotels I have stayed in and worked out to be the perfect retreat for me and Hubby to celebrate my 40th! Everyone engaged us in conversation including staff and other residents, that I came away knowing most of the staff by name. They even posted my phone charger back to me when they noticed Id left it plugged into the wall in my room!The decor was astounding but my most favourite.....the wall of different whiskies behind the bar! And yes, I tried every single one! Thanks Penventon Staff for the best experience ever! If I was to be very picky.....my only slight criticism is the Spa staff dont quite seem in the same league as the Hotel staff and there was a small problem with our towels being handed to us damp but we changed them without a quibble.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Zed197440
I absolutely love the title to your review. I am now thinking about the part in the movie where the doors are opened by smartly turned out butlers, the music is playing and it’s all very grand...

We offer the same type of décor, hospitality and our piano player does give a grand ambience to the evening.

We’re a family owned hotel and have been offering the same good standard of gracious hospitality for over 45yrs, and we’re so pleased that this shows.

Return guests become friends of Penventon, and we will look forward to welcoming you back. If you have not yet received a return guest offer, please do contact our reservations department who will gladly email to you the details.

Thank you for your lovely review.
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It would receive a full 5 stars had it not been for a terrible experience.

the hotel itself is very different from anything i've seen before ( in a good way)
very oldy worldy, again in a great way, and the decor from an artistic point of view is amazing.

myself and my mother went with a wowcher offer, far too good to not buy!
the staff ( except one) are all lovely, and really make it different.

the best thing about the hotel is the pool and spa area, such a lovely asset.

now where things don't do as well...

for those reading this i'm sure it was a one off, but i feel something needs to be done.
when my mother approached the bar she could hear a young man talking but couldnt see him, so she waited.
when i returned to see her she was still waiting, so i asked reception,
a kind lady said the porter wont be long and apologised for the delay.
then much to mine and my mothers shock a very loud swear ( begining with F )
came from behind the bar, a few minutes later a young man, with dark hair served us our drinks, no thankyou or smile..
When I asked how his day is he grunted and walked off?

So I chose to ignore this and carried on the afternoon with mum.
as we where leaving I was hoping to buy some snacks to travel with.
Instead of serving me he apeared to be drinking rattler? the one from the orange snake head on the bar area, and when i finally recieved service he again didnt say anything.

this surely needs training!!

I have stayed here for the last 9 or so years now.... and i have never experienced this!

aside from all this, i do have to say i have never had a bad experience but this once.
I have sent an email to the penventon, yet am still awaiting a response.( I've probably got it wrong)
such a shame.

incident happened- later between 3-5:40 ish afternoon monday 20th.

Room Tip: ask for the newer rooms, so lovely!! oh and make sure you book a table in restrant... dont want to m...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Penventon, Manager at Penventon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to review.

We take staff misconduct vary seriously, and always investigate fully.

We have tried to locate your reservation on our system, and we don't appear to have welcomed guests with a wowcher voucher over the date of your stay.

Also, our CCTV does not show evidence on the date and time of staff misconduct as described; and we do not have record on any of our email inboxes of an email from yourself.

We're aware that everyone's time is precious, however, we would be obliged if you would please email apascoe@penventon.co.uk

Wedmore, Somerset
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stay in regularly when on business in Cornwall. The rooms are excellent value and are much larger than your average hotel with great space to work in. It is quirky and a little old fashioned but the staff, service and quality of food in the restaurant more than makes up for it.

As a women traveller it is great to receive such a warm and friendly welcome and to have rooms which make having room service a pleasure.

Oh and there is a pool and gym!

Room Tip: go for the upstairs garden rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chestnuts
We are finding that we are becoming the destination accommodation for lady business travellers.

In an effort to really understand our guests and what’s important to them, we try to go a step further than customer service, and more customer experience; So that we provide what’s important to you (as a lady traveller) and not what’s important to all.

We’re so pleased that you enjoy your stays with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again, and again.
Surrey
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and enjoy my one night stay. This is not the usual kind of hotel that I would normally stay in. The price for a one stay and breakfast was very good.
The young lady on reception was very friendly and welcoming, the room was fine but the signal on the television was very poor but I was too tired to get something done about it.
The pool was good but really let down by the changing rooms which were not in keeping with what this hotel tries to be.
I will be totally honest as I was on a budget I could not afford the hotels restaurant, it was too dear for me. I went out for dinner and found Redruth had a very limited number of decent places to eat and spent a good half hour looking(even with internet help).
After a really good nights sleep, I can honestly say I had the best breakfast I have ever had whilst staying away on business. It was only a couple of poached eggs , and some bacon on a bagel I think but it tasted so good. The fruit I had before this tasted nice and fresh not the usual day or two old. The young man managing the breakfast provide excellent professional service as well I must add too. So I bet the restaurant serves great food in the evening too and this may be the reason for the price!!.
I looked around whilst having breakfast a could see one guy at each table on their own(mid week stay) and thought this must be the kind of customers they get in a week day night.
If this hotel had a bar menu for this type of visitor then I think it would pay off. Simple selected list of food not costing too much then you would not leave the bar area (and a couple of drinks to go with it ).
Overall a good stay and I enjoyed it but would not go back because of small choice of food in the hotel and Redruth but that can change I sure.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KellysinKos
We’re pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and take on board your comments regarding food offering.

It is planned for us to offer a more brasserie style menu, to be taken in our “Spice Bar” adjacent to the hotel; until this time, we do offer a comprehensive room service menu.

We don’t like to say no, unless the request is really not possible.

Anytime that you would like to visit, do request to take dinner from our lunch menu. We have favourites such as homemade burgers, fish and chunky chips, various pasta dishes; we would happily serve this menu to you in the Restaurant or “Spice bar”

Thank you for your review, it is appreciated.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

just come back from two nights stay. rooms comfortable and clean. restaurant serves fabulous food. during our stay we was looked after by medium matt in the restaurant. breakfast had good variety all food piping hot when delivered to table. we was upgraded to a different room for the second night due to heating problem porter helped us move rooms. facilitates are really good all staff are polite and welcoming. the only problem we had was a few steps for my elderly mother however she managed well and they do have some disabled access. will definitely return to this hotel. the service is excellent . we would not have found this hotel unless we were visiting relatives nearby. this is a good base with the added luxury of pool and spa.would recommend 100% . thanks to all the staff that made our stay so good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank fay536
Penventon, Manager at Penventon Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
You're review is a joy to read.

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that intend to return. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I got a groupon voucher for a very reasonable amount of money, which gave my sister and I two nights of accommodation with breakfast both days, a very nice dinner on the first night, afternoon tea brought to our room on the second day, and access to the spa facilities.

Even though we were there on a discount deal, and were slightly apprehensive that we had booked into a posh hotel under kind-of false pretenses, the staff were all wonderful to us - very helpful and friendly. The dinner was probably the most posh I have had since a formal dinner at university, and the breakfast was the best I have ever had, with a mouth-watering amount of choice, and excellent food - hats off to the chef who introduced me to Eggs Benedict!

It's true, we were put in one of the cheaper rooms, and a little fridge would have been a nice addition. But then we asked the staff, and they offered to keep our apple juice in the fridge for us, to be retrieved whenever we asked for it.

All in all, almost obscene value for money with the groupon voucher, and one of the best hotel stays ever.

Room Tip: (Room allocated as part of groupon offer)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank E G
We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We now offer online booking, and at present there are some great 'hot deals' which include complimentary dinner. Take a look, you could achieve a stay on a similar rate to that of your groupon offer.

Also, do sign up to our priorty club, you'll then also recieve offers to return.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
The Alverton
Polurrian Bay Hotel
#2 of 2 in Mullion
Tregenna Castle Resort
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!