“Great Stay - Very Friendly Staff - Food Delicious”

Penventon Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redruth
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We bought a groupon voucher for £139.00 for two night stay for two. We were upgraded to a suite when we checked in for free. The room was very clean and quite large, the bed was a bit squeaky! We had a evening meal included in price which was fantastic, the waiter even placed the linen napkins on our laps. Food was delicious! Even had a piano playing in the dining room. Breakfast was also included and what a choice you had, amazing food. I have never been to a hotel before where I could tick all the boxes "very good" The staff were extremely helpful.Thank you we had a great time and would recommend to anyone. We will return to this hotel. Mrs R - Bristol UK

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Penventon, Manager at Penventon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Mrs R – Bristol UK, do come and see us again soon.

Your review is all we could wish for, and exactly what we strive for.

You will have received a return guest offer on your departure letter, via email, do make use of this to come and see us again sooner, rather than later.

Thank you for your review; it is a joy to read.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stopped here with my partner on a special rate offer 2 night break. Arrived just after 1pm on the Friday afternoon check in was very efficient and very friendly, room very clean and bigger than we expected. Our Friday evening meal was included in our offer and we ate from the table d'hote menu. You order in the lounge and are taken to your table when your meal is nearly ready. The service and attention we received was amazing, very attentive nothing was too much trouble and everything was just the right amount of time. Fast forward to Saturday night and god what a different story. Our table was booked at 7.30pm. We came downstairs and in the lounge at 7.15pm. BY 20 past 8 we were still waiting to be seated in the restaurant - in the end I went and asked someone who then seated us but we STILL didn't receive our starter for another 15 minutes ish. The waiters didn't seem to know what the hell was going on and I can only assume that with a dinner and dance in the function room and a hen party in full swing in the private dining room the kitchen just couldn't cope. The food however was amazing, the hotel is amazing and I've based my ratings on the Friday night experience as I'm sure - I certainly hope! - that the Saturday was a slight hitch! We used the spa and gym facilities on the Saturday. You just sign in they provide you with a towel if you like and you can stay poolside and have something to eat if you want to. Gym a bit small but it certainly packed some equipment in so a good workout in there before relaxing in the pool, sauna and Jacuzzi - very nice!!
Overall a fantastic stay just a slight dampener on the weekend because of the Saturday night dining experience - the 2 nights really couldn't have been more different!!!
Would I go again?? - Yes definitely - but I'd probably check to see if they had any big functions first!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Your review is honest, and we appreciate this.

We strive to provide fine food and gracious hospitality, as you experienced on the Friday evening. I can assure you that the Saturday was most definitely a slight hitch.

We’re so pleased that you would return, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back. Do keep an eye on our online booking, which is up to date with availability and has some great offers including complimentary dinner at present.

Thank you again for your review, it is well received.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had fully intended to return to this wonderful hotel with my wife as we had experienced the hospitality here before. Sadly my darling wife passed away in October 2013 and her place was taken by a very good friend of mine. Nigel from Reception had informed me of a brilliant Winter deal, just £129 for two people for a two night stay. We decided on 4 nights and were due to arrive on Tuesday 4th February but due to an accident I was unable to travel that day and rang to explain. No problem our stay was put back by a day.

On arrival I was recognized from having been there before (June 2013) and made to fell very welcome indeed. Louise (who is shortly to have a little girl) welcomed me as if I was a member of her family. Part of the deal was cream tea on arrival and a three course dinner on the first night. Barry my friend was amazed at the quality of food and I know that he is already planning to return with his wife later in the year.

It is perhaps both disappointing and at the same time fortunate that disabled facilities are not in place. Disappointing because many people are missing out on this great experience, and fortunate in as much as if these facilities were in place the star level (***) would increase and possibly the prices which may then be out of my pocket range.

Due to the heavy rains etc in the area we did not venture out for our meals but ate each night in the restaurant sometimes from the table de hote and more often than not a combination of that and the a la carte menu. Barry commented that he and his wife had eaten at the restaurant of a celebrity chef and he found the food at the Penventon better quality and value.

Breakfast is as much as you can eat and not recommended for those struggling with a diet. To go with the full English there is toast with beautiful homemade jams which will leave you wanting more.

Dinner is an amazing choice of starters main and desserts all cooked to perfection and offering fantastic value for money. I will certainly go again even though it may well be on my own!

The pool sauna and jacuzzi are also first class. In fact I can find nothing that I do not like about this wonderful venue.

Paolo the owner told me that many Germans visit in the summer not just coach parties but also families. The Germans always know a good thing!

It comes as no surprise that Trip Advisor has awarded their Certificate of Excellence to the Penventon Park Hotel in 2012 and 2013. I can see it being awarded again in 2014.

Room Tip: Having only experienced the ground floor garden suites I can thoroughly recommend upgrading to them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

“Old world charm with a modern heart beat” I think this is one of the best titles of a review I’ve come across, and it’s so true.

You mention that you’ll return again even if on your own. You won’t be on your own, because we’re all here ready to welcome you; those that love the Penventon Experience are welcomed more as a friend than a guest.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you so much for your lovely review.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Fantastic Hotel.
We stayed in April 2013 the pool was amazing. room lovely and food was unbelievable. We booked to stay valentines weekend this year and due to weather couldnt. The booking as non refundable but the hotel was so understanding and have allowed us to move the booking. 1st class service and hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank wally444

Penventon return guests become friends, and thus we look after them.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Business brought us to Redruth and were recommended to this hotel. We arrived early in the day for our one night stay in Dec 2013, however that posed no problem for the reception lady who quickly found an alternative room for us as our booked one was not quite ready. We enjoyed a delicious evening meal and breakfast. Our room was a junior garden suite and the bedding was spotless! Only snag was the bathroom needed updating but nevertheless was very clean. We had to return to Redruth earlier this month and requested a 1st floor garden room which had a much better/updated bathroom. We enjoyed our stay so much so that after checking out and driving down the road we called the hotel and asked if 'our' room was available for another night! Although more of an old fashioned hotel it offers lots of charm that sometimes the newer boutique hotels lack. The service from all the staff who served us on each of our past three visits have been nothing but first class. We have to return to Redruth in March and there is no second guessing as to where we will be staying ;) Thank you Penventon...long may it stay a privately owned hotel!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robyn608

We pride ourselves in offering past, present and future, to ensure that we match the needs and occasions for your visit.

Traditional surroundings, gracious hospitality and value for money, along with flat screen TVs and wifi; we’re so pleased that you enjoyed the Penventon Experience.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We enjoyed our short break at the Penventon Park Hotel, room was good the food was also very good. The only draw back was that when my wife and I walked back from the centre of Redruth walking down the drive that had no lighting was a bit dangerous.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It’s good to hear that you enjoyed your short break with us.

We have had some issues with sourcing the correct aesthetically pleasing replacement lighting for the entrance; this is in hand, and we appreciate your feedback.

To welcome you back to Penventon would be our pleasure, we do hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have never been here before and by chance came across Penventon on Mighty Deals. It seemed like a nice place on their website but Im always dubious as Ive had a horribleHotel experience using Groupon before.
HOW wrong could I be? VERY!! This was by far one of the best Hotels I have stayed in and worked out to be the perfect retreat for me and Hubby to celebrate my 40th! Everyone engaged us in conversation including staff and other residents, that I came away knowing most of the staff by name. They even posted my phone charger back to me when they noticed Id left it plugged into the wall in my room!The decor was astounding but my most favourite.....the wall of different whiskies behind the bar! And yes, I tried every single one! Thanks Penventon Staff for the best experience ever! If I was to be very picky.....my only slight criticism is the Spa staff dont quite seem in the same league as the Hotel staff and there was a small problem with our towels being handed to us damp but we changed them without a quibble.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zed197440

I absolutely love the title to your review. I am now thinking about the part in the movie where the doors are opened by smartly turned out butlers, the music is playing and it’s all very grand...

We offer the same type of décor, hospitality and our piano player does give a grand ambience to the evening.

We’re a family owned hotel and have been offering the same good standard of gracious hospitality for over 45yrs, and we’re so pleased that this shows.

Return guests become friends of Penventon, and we will look forward to welcoming you back. If you have not yet received a return guest offer, please do contact our reservations department who will gladly email to you the details.

Thank you for your lovely review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redruth
The Alverton
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Carbis Bay Hotel & Estate

Been to Penventon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!