“great service,good food”
Review of Outlaw's - CLOSED

Outlaw's
Price range: US$42 - US$63
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the Camel estuary, Outlaw’s at the St. Enodoc Hotel is the perfect place for a memorable meal, showcasing modern British Seafood cookery and locally sourced meat. In fine weather diners are able to enjoy their meal whilst taking in the fantastic view from the terrace.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love the setting of this bistro type restaurant, it is very relaxed and not at all fussy. Our service was charming although I do like to reward service myself, and not by order. I cannot imagine that the staff would do any less well if we were not forced to pay service included.
This cannot be called anything but a bistro with excellent food, because of the lack of fancy extras like tablecloths etc. but no less good without.
The choices are a little limited especially in the dessert department, just 2 or cheese or ice cream.
The portions are really quite small, or maybe I am just greedy, 4 tablespoons of soup and one tiny crab cake was very delicious as a starter. 2 tiny slices of monkfish on the bone with a very small fondant and 10 pieces of samphire was too small for me, but also gorgeous I just wanted more. Thank you for a delightful meal however and I would return.

1  Thank alibear659

Reviewed 13 June 2014

First of all I have to commend what was the best cocktail I have ever had, a saffron infused rum concoction that was just spectacular. . . I feel sad that I live so far away and won’t have another one!
The meal we had was brilliant from start to finish, the team delt with one of the party who had an egg allergy with a specific menu and we had excellent service throughout, the quality of the food was brilliant and the view over the Camel Estuary was stunning…I can’t recommend this restaurant enough, Michelin quality.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the mid price restaurant of the Outlaw group in N Cornwall. Apart from the carte menu there are currently two set menus (2 course at £35, and 3 courses at £25). We went for lunch one sunny day in May, unfortunately it was too cool to sit out on the terrace but we had a fabulous view of the Camel estuary. The service was friendly, efficient and the staff knowledgeable. An amazing and welcome transformation from the last time we ate here ( two weeks after the move from the Marina in Fowey).
We both had the cheaper "Celebration Menu" and were delighted with our choice. Megrim fried in a light tempura like batter starter followed by ling rolled in a delicious ham main accompanied by a delightful,intensely flavoured mushroom purée. Will definitely be coming back regularly although it will be difficult to decide between this and the Fish Kitchen! Will be interesting to see what type of menu they will have when the Mariners re opens.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Fantastic from start to finish the service was impeccable with Dan who served us at the bar being professional and approachable. The food that followed was faultless the best asparagus I have ever eaten and the spiced monkfish cooked perfectly!! Will be back when we are back down in august.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

As a dedicated and tireless carnivore, it was with some trepidation I agreed with my partner to go to a fish restaurant.

At time like this, I agree with the Michelin rating (something I can't always say about other Michelin starred places I've had the 'pleasure' of visiting) - everything about our lunch that day was totally exceptional. Exceptional (perfect) food; a knowledgeable (and unpretentious sommelier); professional staff and so on and so on.

Even as a Yorkshireman I won't quibble about cost - if I go to one of the best restaurants in the country, which has earned 2 Michelin stars - I don't expect 'cheap'