“Not a negative review.”

Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Rock Inn is an elevated 1st floor pub/restaurant with panoramic views of Padstow and the Camel Estuary. We offer food all day, starting with Breakfast until noon. Lunch from 12.00 Until 6.00 Pm. Evening meals are served from 6.00 Pm until 9.00 Pm. Booking for the evening is highly recommended. We serve great homemade specials and daily fresh Fish. Our Steaks are some of the best around. Fresh local Crab and much,much more. A warm welcome awaits you at the Rock Inn
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The owners have responded to my previous review. I agree readers should not read significant negatives into it. I think I was clear that Rock Inn is value for money. However, I think some reviewers are mis-leading about what sort of market Rock Inn is serving and could raise expectations beyond reality. I agree with the observations of the owners about the Rock Inn. I think I said we have often eaten there; would not have done so if it was disappointing. May I add that Rock Inn is one of the few establishments that manages to keep a good trade all year round; this is no mean achievement in the area. My reviews attempt to be balanced. In this way, I believe readers are likely to find the reality matches their expectations & helps them to make a choice which is right for them.

RockInnOwnersReply, Owner at The Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for this positive review and thank you for clarifying your review wording. good reviews are always so very welcome and such a boost to myself and my wonderful staff.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Fantastic views across the Camel estuary to Padstow. Very friendly, attentive service , great food at a great price, would recommend the food off the specials menu to add that little extra! Good value in this location and as mentioned views to die for.

RockInnOwnersReply, Owner at The Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

4th week in rock this year. Visited rock inn 3 weeks ago and had scallops - all who ate violently sick in the night.
Risked it tonight and played safe(?) - 2 10oz sirloins. Mine almost ALL fat and gristle, completely inedible, the wife's not much better. Even the dog turned her nose up and she's not fussy.
A pity because this place was great when it opened, but since the mariners demise rock inn has gone badly off the boil.
On a plus side the kids steaks were good, the service not so.
Was informed sirloin can have fat all the way through it, to which I replied I had eaten it before.(see photo)
Staff couldn't care less.
My advice - blue tomato on the corner is consistently great, and the new mariners with outlaw behind them will be brill. Probably just what the rock inn needs, but for the moment you can do much better elsewhere.

RockInnOwnersReply, Owner at The Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

So sorry to have received such a review. Cant understand how the Steaks could have been poor. We pride ourselves on our Steaks and always get fantastic comments about them. All our 10 oz and 16 oz Steaks are cut untrimmed, they are always cut oversize as to not compromise the amount of meat on the Steak. The children's Steaks would have been trimmed, as we generally do for kids and would have most likely been off the same cut. I can only apologize for you unhappiness for you experience for your evening. My staff always endeavour to be attentive and courteous towards all customers. Unfortunately I was not present last night, but was made aware of this situation at the end of the evening and was told to expect this poor TripAdvisor review. My waitress assured me that she had done a check back on the table and that you were initially happy with your meal. As for you comment about the Scallops that you had 3 weeks ago, our turnover of Scallops is massive and how you could have got "food poisoning" as you claimed last night is also very hard to understand. I hope my response is not offensive in any way and hope that anyone reading this review will also read the many positive reviews that we have. Thanks for reading

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place has got to be the best place to eat and drink in rock or padstow. The service is excellent and the food is also excellent with very generous portions. You wont be disappointed

1  Thank julie b

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic and positive review. Its comments like yours that make all the hard work so worth while.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a lovely meal at The Rock Inn, booked for 6.30 so not too many folk in there. The service was excellent, the staff lovely, including the bar staff. We had tempura prawns and scallops to start and then ribeye steaks. The food was very good and plenty of it - so much so that we had a "doggy bag" for the leftover steak - ostensibly for a dog, but actually for a quick salad next day! Agree, definitely five stars and would go again next time we are in the area. Suspect booking is probably essential.

Thank you so much for your review.