All reviews snooker table lovely hotel shower over the bath games room mussels three nights port isaac boutique hotel outdoor pool small hotel public areas lovely room superior room cooked to perfection fresh milk north cornwall lounge area
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Our room was beautiful, spacious and had great views out to sea. The tea and coffee facilities included coffee bags and TeaPigs tea and staff were happy to swap out the herbal teas for the breakfast teas that I like. The rest of the hotel has a relaxed glamour about it, with nice lounge areas, outdoor pool and snooker table. Breakfast was made with good quality and fresh ingredients.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 17 July 2018

First the good news: Within easy walking distance from the centre of Rock with wonderful views over the estuary. The quality of the food was first class with the slight surprise that my beef tartar consisted of lumps of beef rather than minced/chopped. I am widely travelled (aged 69) and this is a bit unusual.

The scope of the menu was limited (four main courses). Generally the service was adequate BUT it was unexpected that after having poured the first glass of wine from a rather good bottle the waitress never offered to pour anything again even when she saw me stand up to take the wine from the ice bucket or when she brought the bill and my wife was starting to pour the last of the wine (prepare for self service!). Additionally, the novice who served our food bought the starter within five minutes of our aperitif being served, did not know how to provide bread (other than one served with parmesan) and later appeared surprised when I asked for spoons to eat the desert. Although the taste of the food was excellent , the proverbial church mouse would have gone home hungry given the size of the portions. I am 6ft and 12 stone, my wife 158cm and 47kilos (English and Czech) and the portions were inadequate for both of us! It is worth mentioning that even though this was high season there were plenty of empty table possibly explained by the fact that my bill was 133.90 (for two persons) excluding service.

We have been frequently in previous years but will NOT book again.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Davids0001
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Almost faultless! I have travelled to every continent and stayed at some of the world’s renowned hotels but this hotel is a match for any. In addition to its stunning location and spectacular views over the estuary and excellent food and service, I was especially impressed with the immaculate decoration of the room; the paintwork was so good I enquired whether it had been sprayed. No!
Only 99? Just a mediocre TV in the room – but who comes here to watch TV?!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank octopussy7777
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The hotel was really good and lived up to our expectations. Rock is a great location and we didn't use our car for our stay, using the ferry and water taxi to get to Padstow. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was excellent. Its a pleasant walk along the beach to Dammer Bay and Polzeath. Highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The position overlooking water across to Padstow is unbeatable. For us, it is the attentive staff that we shall remember, and the delicious locally sourced food
The hotel has been recently refurbished with a lovely eye to colour and comfort with some attractive paintings. Good facilities, including an excellent spa. We will return.

Date of stay: July 2018