“Good pub grub and warm welcome”
Review of The Smugglers Inn

The Smugglers Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Visited on an unseasonably cold, wet and windy day. The landlady and landlord were very welcoming, the food was great value, freshly prepared, and in lovely big portions. The beer was well kept too. Very relaxed atmosphere, and I'd suggest it would be perfect for a hungry family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Camsaint
There are newer reviews for The Smugglers Inn

Reviewed 3 May 2012

New management are obviously still very new. After a 10 minute wait to be served our drinks we found a table by a table covered in table cloths with the iron still out. It was cold and the menu was small and on A4 paper. We waited 30 minutes for fried frozen chips, oil drenched prawns and scummy powdered soup.
The property's interior reminded me of a 1950's village hall and outside was worse.
The card reader wasn't working, so we had to club together for cash as there was no cash machine for miles.
I can only apologise to my wife, as I took her and the family out for what I though would be a nice meal.
The only plus point was that they offer to make child versions of the limited menu.

Nice place for a casual beer but get your food from somewere that doesn't deep fry everything.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Whilst staying in the local area , my family and I decided to eat at the Smugglers Inn. I was impressed with the service and food. It is a clean, welcoming establishment and I would highly recommend it to anyone with a young family that is looking for a relaxed, friendly environment.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed 9 May 2011

After having a bad experience at the copley arms 2 miles up the road with the landlord and landlady, after being very rude and arrogant, we stumbled upon the smugglers inn, seaton.Didn`t expect too much, but found the pub to have a friendly atmosphere, service was great, great food menu, and the location was fab, right opposite the beach.We didn`t stay here, but had food and a few ciders here !!! what a top place !! especially when the sun is shining. Stayed at the apartments opposite called mount brioni, which i would highly reccommend, but often came over to the smugglers for a bite to eat & drink.Would definatley rate this pub, only downfall is, need to check outside area more, when the doggies do what they do, but there again shouldn`t that be the owners responsibility ! being a dog owner myself, would never leave my dogs mess behind !!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank fieldseyStockport
Reviewed 13 February 2009

lovely and very relaxed atmosphere when we called into the smugglers inn, the staff very friendly and smiley ( which is a must in the pub trade) and talkative ,food was very good but only ordered a snack, the outside could of been a bit tidier ,but inside you cant fault it...the toilets were spotless, bar area and food area`s were very clean. and a roaring fire made this trip even more cosier....
I understand from the locals that this pub is now a temporary managed establishment and they are looking for new owners and apparently the managed staff have done alot to this pub in the 6 weeks that they have been there.....will return.....

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2008

Called in at the Smugglers Inn for a lovely romantic meal. What a joke! After an hour and half of waiting for our food the kitchen staff came out & told us our order hadnt been put through to the kitchen & that the food we had ordered they didnt have. We ordered a combo meal which cost less than our original order. I went and asked the bar man for a little refund and to my delight he refunded the whole lot. I explained to him we had ordered more food. He ushered me away saying not to worry. When we eventually recieved our combo meal, it had been cooked so fast & in so much grease it all tasted the same & oozed grease in our mouths. The bar man came over and said he didnt realise we had ordered again. I told him I had already explained this. The kitchen staff had earlier told us to have our drinks on the house. We were still smiling and never complained once. When leaving I asked the bar man if he would like some money back as we felt bad for the mistakes (they made). He took my money & when I tried to explain I didnt owe him for the whole meal as the kitchen staff said we could have our drinks on the house, he would not accept this no matter how i tried to explain it. I ended up throwing £10 at this elderly man out of sheer frustration! What an absolute idiot! It is my reccommendation that you do not visit this establishment. Especially if you are hungry!

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank tellulahuk
Reviewed 16 February 2008

I stayed at The Smugglers Inn for a couple of nights and found the accomodation to be exceptional. The atmosphere in the bar below was excellent and the breakfast and evening meals were exceptional an excellent stay all round.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaton
Whitsand Bay Hotel
#5 of 9 in St Austell
The Inn on the Shore
The Inn on the Shore
#1 of 1 in Downderry

Been to The Smugglers Inn? Share your experiences!