“Unfriendly Staff”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in St Agnes
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My family and I have been going to this cafe on and off for years. The location and food are very, very good. I am writing this review because I have had enough of the poor service. Perhaps I am unlucky and always get the wrong member of staff but their attitude ranges from off hand to today's experience which was downright surly. I refuse to react to this and always remain polite with whoever serves me. In the past I have waited while the staff chat amongst themselves not bothering to acknowledge my family or I. When friends of the staff appear or obvious St Agnes locals, they become very animated and chatty with them. Chapel Porth Cafe, I love your food and ice cream but it seems you know you have a captive audience at a great location. Manners cost nothing.

1  Thank Glenn O

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Had quite a wait to order my food as there were several people sheltering from the rain, I was disappointed that they had run out of seafood, but had a very good salad and ham sandwich. The beach is one of the best in Cornwall.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We made a special trip here to sample the famous hedgehog icecreams. This consists of icecream and clotted cream rolled in chopped nuts. Delicious.

Only issue was the oblivious staff using foul language whilst customers were queuing.

Apart from that, lovely little cafe setting overlooking the beach.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed the hot rolls. Generous filling. Hedgehog ice creams a must - I am not an ice cream fan but these are special. No indoor seating and limited outdoor. However, small beach location so the good quality of the limited but lovely menu was just great. Will return.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

had the famous hedgehog ice creams rolled in clotted cream and candied hazelnuts and the allergy alternative rolled in crumbled flap jack- totally nomnomnom but you can hear your arteries hardening!