“Yet another enjoyable stay”

The Rosemundy House Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St Agnes
preston lancashire
“Yet another enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Congratulations to Derek and the staff for yet another great stay.Nothing is to much for the staff they are ever there to help out fom Sharon at reception giggler(sorry Hannah) in the restaurant and the rest of the staff. The evening entertainment is always good.Looking forward to the next visit keep up the good work

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank stevethecoachie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed here a week ago. The reception area was well organised and clean. Staff could not have been nicer. Each and everyone of them were lovely. When they were serving the meals, there was absolutely nothing which was too much for them. They greeted people in such a nice way, and offered help to those that needed assistance. Best of all, they were always smiling, so full credit to the staff there. All very young, and very helpful.

The food was delicious. Despite having a multiple choice of hot meals, there was a central self serving salad hatch, which was always fresh and presented very well.

When there was a guests birthday, out came the birthday, with all the staff singing "Happy Birthday".

The rooms were good sizes, very clean. Plenty of other lounges to sit in. Only a short walk from the beach and shops.

If I can state one issue, in my room, I only had a bath, though I prefer a shower, but to be honest that was my personal choice.

Wonderful grounds around this hotel, plenty of parking spaces, plenty of outside seating areas, there is a pool, but the weather was not favourable to use the pool.

All in all, a hotel that in my opinion, deserves a much higher staff.

Well Done everyone at Rosemundy House Hotel. You do a brilliant job. Thank you for making my few days there so relaxing and lovely.

Room Tip: Some of the corridors are quite narrow, which means walking along them, and trying to move a suitcas...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank English60
Forest Row, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Staff and food excellent - more attention could be paid to small things - TV remote needed batteries, pillows very flat and hard, water in basin and shower took a long time to either get to temperature or change - but none of these are deal-breakers - overall the experience was definitely pleasing, and I will use them again if in the area

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bev H
preston lancashire
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Yet another enjoyable stay at the rosemundy.The food was still at a good standard.My only fault was that on one night I asked if I could have the roast but with the salad bar as i had been on the salad most nights.( I was bluntly told that was not allowed) Apart from that I couldnt complain as the rest of the staff were really friendly and helpful.Even on the night I asked if i could have some fresh fruit instead of the desert.
Standards everywhere else was to a very high standard that I have gotten use to from this friendly and hospitable hotel.
If staying in this part of the world the hotel is in a great location for getting round Cornwall.St Agnus is just a short walk but the area is hilly for some beware.
Its not every hotel that has croquet on the lawn and the pool is refreshing after a hard day sight seeing.Would I recommend this hotel the answer would be YES 100% even if it ruins the chance for me to keep it a lovely little hide away.I cant wait to get sent there again looking forward to it

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank stevethecoachie
Whickham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Spent seven days at this hotel recently and had no complaints.

We arrived two hours late due to a mechanical problem with the coach but were wecolmed by Sharon and her staff and nothing was too much trouble for the friendly efficient staff for the duration of our stay.

We were given a four poster room which was clean and comfortable overlooking a walled garden.

The food in the restaurant was good with plenty of choice for each course and if you couldn`t find anything to suit on the main course there was the option to have a salad from a good selection on the cold buffet.

The hotel is situated in a quiet area in the village and is an ideal base for touring the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ed B
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We heard of this hotel from friends on a coach trip who were staying.there. I contacted the hotel (Sharon, the manageress) to see how we could join our friends for dinner. The contact and subsequent dealings could not have been better. We were sent a copy of the menu for the night we would be there so that we could pick items that my disabled wife would be able to eat.

When we arrived a portable ramp had been fitted so we could go straignt into the restaurant area where a table had been set up for our party to sit together. ( normally arrangemets are made for coach parties to sit together, and we had a small room off the main restaurant, where we could see what was going on , but had some privacy for a "good old natter". The table had one chair removed and was set up so that a wheelchair could be pushed straight in

There is a good choice on the table d'hote menu and adjustments were made to suit my wife's eating ability.The food was excellent and was served on hot plates. The chicken was the most moist we had ever eaten out. The service was superb and the waiter was most attentive. He even knew that my wife had made special menu choices. There was no rushing, or delay with the courses, and the waiter talked just enough for us to know he was there,and that he cared about doing his job to the best of his ability.

Sharon, the Manageress, could not have been more helpful, and I would suggest that anyone with doubts about the suitabllity of the hotel should give her a ring, or conat by e-mail as I did.

It was a very pleasant evening, and could not have been a better environment to meet very dear old friends

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank alanhardy
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned home from staying at this hotel with a mixed review... My bedrooms decor was all very mismatch and contained a couple of cobwebs..made the mistake of pulling the bed out after dropping an earring on the floor lets just say you could sneeze from the dust.. near enough every morning my corridor smelt of smoke..Also my frinds were in rm 27 and they could hear someone elses telly over theirs. On the plus side the resataurant staff were always happy and nothing was too much trouble, as well the food fantastic but found toast abit hit and miss at breakfast (either burnt or like warm bread) but the full english made up for it. Would definately visit the hotel again but for an evening meal only... certainly not to stay

Room Tip: dont pick rm 27 ... would recommend an upgrade for a bigger room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 4 in Truro
Penventon Park Hotel
Penventon Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Redruth

Been to The Rosemundy House Hotel? Share your experiences!