I came across this lovely little hotel while searching through some of the more "fancy" hotels in Cornwall.
Am so glad I ignored these and instead booked a 3 night break here for me and my hubby. It's been a tough year and we needed a change of scenery.
Francesca and Mark who own The Waterwheel are lovely, genuine people. They currently have 8 rooms and this makes for a more intimate scene and they get to know you unlike big hotels where you are just a room number. They took over The Waterwheel a year ago and are making some fabulous changes. The conservatory was finished just after we left so we sadly were unable to have our breakfast in it but could tell it would be lovely when it was finished. The on site restaurant is just amazing. They do an early bird offer of 3 courses for £14.95 and please do not think you will get inferior food as that was so not the case. The food was delicious and the presentation I would say 5 star. My hubby had the steak one evening when we didn't want a 3 course meal and it just melted in the mouth and I had the cornish crab cakes which were divine.
Have not got anything bad to say about The Waterwheel Inn and will gladly recommend it to friends/family or anyone else who wants to listen. We will be going back soon.
Finally, it is so well situated. Just a short drive to The Eden Project and lots of lovely places within an hours drive and then when you return tired and weary you can have a relaxing drink in the bar and not have to drive anywhere to get your dinner - unless you choose to that is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterwheel is situated in a wooded valley beside a river. We offer bed and breakfast accommodation in our fourteen en-suite bedrooms. In the evenings guests can have a drink in the licensed bar and eat in the on-site elegant restaurant, or a 10 minute brisk walk will take them into St Austell town centre. There is a delightful terrace and garden to explore and an ancient well, Druid's chair and waterfall at the bottom of the garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Waterwheel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterwheel Hotel St Austell
- The Waterwheel Inn Cornwall/St Austell